Weather Report..................

That never happened to Postman Pat, Steve..
We still have nightmares about the episode when his hat blew off.
Lovely cool 28 degrees at 7.pm after 40 at lunchtime.
Struggle on , trying to keep your heads above water ... This foul weather can't last for ever, can it ?
If post man pat worked for the privatised royal mail he would be sacked :eek: our PDA has GPS tracking if it stays still for more than 10 minutes it emails my boss it isn't the job it use to be unfortunately ??

It's sunny in Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo, too.
Celebrated Yorkshire Day by walking into the village, wearing tasteful Yorkshire T shirts and raised the White Rose flag aloft, over our table, outside the bakery. Had great fun winding up the usual crowd of ex pats. Mostly southerners, Lancastrians and even some from south of Derby, would you believe..?
Beer was drunk, cricket was listened to on Test Match Special and we had pork pie, mushies and mint sauce, for us tea.
The only things missing were fog, a gale and torrential rain.
Maybe we'll have better luck next year ?

It was a great start to the day on the south Cornish coast.
So we went to the north Cornish coast:

IMG_20190801_145759.jpg

Where the offsprung could don wetsuits and get the grandchildren balancing on boards..............
...........though some others found the water temperature something of a shock to their system and jumped straight back out again:

IMG_20190801_144557.jpg

Colin ???

Great pic Colin, colours and cloud formation absolutely make it, I thought you would have "photoshopped" the wind turbine though ?

Thanks, Dave.
I rather liked the wind turbine!
About 45 minutes after I took the photo the hillside I was on was in fairly thick mist. Looking to the south from here there are great views across St Austell bay. An absolutely stunning location and a great overnight stop.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Back