Weather Report..................

Pauljenny;n15474 said:
6 degrees and heavy dew, am hour ago, porridge indoors.
Now 15 , in the shade 20+ in the glorious sunshine.

Will it EVER rain again.. ?

Tomorrow,rain is forecast. We're hosting 18 wrinkly friends, for piri piri chicken and
booze .
Our hovel can only comfortably seat 8 to eat indoors.
I'll be in the kitchen, so 11 of our guests will have to be out in the rain.

Have you considered stacking the wrinklies two or three to a chair, leaving you and Jenny in comfort?
Everybody's happy and inside out of the glaring sun.

Colin :smile::smile::smile:

Not bad again, 12 degrees and breezy, maybe a little :Umbrella_Rain_Drops later.

Full Member;n15477 said:
Have you considered stacking the wrinklies two or three to a chair, leaving you and Jenny in comfort?
Everybody's happy and inside out of the glaring sun.

We have a cunning plan:

Making pudding, a lemon mousse, containing 25% of the local firewater, medronho..

They will be in no fit state to complain about the weather, after a dose of that.

2cv;n15512 said:
Not bad again, 12 degrees and breezy, maybe a little :Umbrella_Rain_Drops later.

You forgot to tell us where you've gone on holiday, 2cv.
Spain? Dubai?

Colin ???

The laird;n15584 said:
Is bill not heading to the big A

I'm in Glasgow this week then sunny Henley for the New Year meet. Looks like very :Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops for a few days now :Very_sad_emoji_icon

Lovely drive back from Stonehenge today very sunny in parts tonight it feels unseasonably warm but with a cool breeze.

Yes it’s strangely warm for time of year I’m off to shops for my greens and fruit now

Edina;n15640 said:
5 degrees and cloudy - too warm for Xmas eve.

It's the same in Herts, Chris. The bookies won't be paying out on snow bets this year.

Campervanannie;n15651 said:
Yes it’s strangely warm for time of year I’m off to shops for my greens and fruit now

It's Sunday, Annie. Are they open so early in the day? Small independents?
For me it's t'supermarket at 1000.

:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops but 11 degrees, :Umbrella_Emoji: promised on Tuesday :Slightly_Smiling_Fa

2cv;n15675 said:
:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops:Umbrella_Rain_Drops but 11 degrees, :Umbrella_Emoji: promised on Tuesday :Slightly_Smiling_Fa

Are you sure that you haven't sneaked off to Spain or Dubai, 2cv?

Promises promises.. Huh !
No rain, 14 cloudy degrees. Our boozy afternoon
cancelled.

Off to the Gipsy market, to drink beer , wine, whatever.. And eat piri piri chicken..
Bah humbug.

Full Member;n15674 said:
It's Sunday, Annie. Are they open so early in the day? Small independents?
For me it's t'supermarket at 1000.

Some of the independent shops instead of doing 10.00 until 4.00 were doing 8.00 until 2.00 so staff could finish earlier

waiTROSE THINK DOING 11 TILL 5 AS IT DIDNT OPEN THE TILLS TILL 11 THIS MORNING WHEREAS ASDA WHERE OPEN THE TILLS AT 10 BUT SHOPEWAS OPEN FROM 9 FOR BROWSING AS THEY SAID ON TANNOY ANNOUCEMENTS

Last edited:
Lovely lunch in the BBQ tent at the market , while thunder rattled around. Lurched back up to the hovel , where 14 of us indulged ourselves in pudding and wine. Sun broke through.
An hour later we had 5 minutes of fine drizzle.
We're off to the village, for a band concert that the Mayor denies any knowledge of... He's supposed to be opening it.
Taking my brolly.

No concert.

Village deserted, they're all sleeping off lunch.
Distributed lumps of Xmas cake to various neighbours, accepted the odd drink and some of their delicacies... I'm not sure that the third stuffed fig is a good idea.
They have rain to the South and west of us... But not at home,here.

Attachments

• photo1400.jpg
    photo1400.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 0
Pauljenny;n15747 said:
Lovely lunch in the BBQ tent at the market , while thunder rattled around. Lurched back up to the hovel , where 14 of us indulged ourselves in pudding and wine. Sun broke through.
An hour later we had 5 minutes of fine drizzle.
We're off to the village, for a band concert that the Mayor denies any knowledge of... He's supposed to be opening it.
Taking my brolly.

I really don't know how you cope with life in Portugal, Paul. It must be so stressful and tiring for you.
Keep your chin up and think of England.
Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Colin ???

Full Member;n15775 said:
I really don't know how you cope with life in Portugal, Paul. It must be so stressful and tiring for you.
Keep your chin up and think of England.
Happy Christmas to you and yours.

Colin ???

Thanks Colin,
You are very understanding about the difficult situation that we are in.

If only we could buy a little bungalow in somewhere picturesque, like Grimsby , settle down and sit in front of the telly until we fade away...... Just a dream, Just a dream.
I'll make a New Year resolution to stop complaining... Honest.

Compliments of the season to you and all the patient souls who put up with my claptrap
Happy Xmas and a serene, healthy 2018.

Just nipping out to connect the roof gutters to the cisterns.. Its raining, gently.. Thanks Santa.!

Last edited:
Back