Weather Report..................

Cooler, breezier, October-er.
Now where did Management hide my jumpers !
We'll need them soon... We have to be in Altrincham for 10 days, from November 4 th.
Please arrange for the place to be warmed and aired, when we arrive..

Cooler, breezier, October-er.
Now where did Management hide my jumpers !
We'll need them soon... We have to be in Altrincham for 10 days, from November 4 th.
Please arrange for the place to be warmed and aired, when we arrive..

Ah, 4th November arrival, needing warmth and aired, where would you like the bonfire celebration on 5th .....................

Ah, 4th November arrival, needing warmth and aired, where would you like the bonfire celebration on 5th .....................
Always open to offers from people who have just come into money, Dave ...😇
Funny day, the temperature has changed with the changing wind.
Flocks of Turtle Doves have arrived in our valley, en route to Morroco... Where, evidently British " Sportsmen ", are paying big money to shoot them.. .
One of those sultry evenings . We're on the terrace, helping to shift the red wine lake.
One has to set an eggshample..

Still sitting in shade and really full up after cooking my lunch and then our neighbouring Germans were entertaining friends with a cooking lesson and came around with more food for us to try
Yum yum
Stuffed
Try not to feel guilty, Graham.
We're all so happy for you..
It's hard being polite to our European friends and having to eat their filthy foreign food..
Pity you don't have a Vesta Curry or a Frey Bentos Pie , or an Ambrosia Creamed Rice.. to share with them. .. ( all of which go so well with Bisto Gravy Granules

It's considerably warmer this morning than it was yesterday morning, though the cost of that is grey cloud cover.
The air is still, despite the approach of Storm Lorenzo to the west of the Beautiful Isle.
So I'll leave Hertfordshire for a weekend in Aberdeenshire.
Where, no doubt, it will be balmy.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It's considerably warmer this morning than it was yesterday morning, though the cost of that is grey cloud cover.
The air is still, despite the approach of Storm Lorenzo to the west of the Beautiful Isle.
So I'll leave Hertfordshire for a weekend in Aberdeenshire.
Where, no doubt, it will be balmy.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

That’s a long pedal on a Brompton!
Here in Rowsley the overnight deluge has given way to light rain, which will allegedly stop soon.

They work the percentages, Graham . Your'e in the tourist belt, there .
A fair number of holidaymakers are not as sober or have no idea if the value , as you do. Surprised to hear that you didn't get à grovelling apology.. it costs them nothing and there'll be another mug along soon.
Got another red winner for you..
Villa Palma, from Palmela Setubal.
Imagine a glass full of red and black fruit gums. Don't chill it, you'll kill it.
Cool day, very pleasant to walk in.
We can see plenty of clouds down near Tavira.

They work the percentages, Graham . Your'e in the tourist belt, there .
A fair number of holidaymakers are not as sober or have no idea if the value , as you do. Surprised to hear that you didn't get à grovelling apology.. it costs them nothing and there'll be another mug along soon.
Got another red winner for you..
Villa Palma, from Palmela Setubal.
Imagine a glass full of red and black fruit gums. Don't chill it, you'll kill it.
Cool day, very pleasant to walk in.
We can see plenty of clouds down near Tavira.

Not wishing to add too much to the smug filter, but Villa Palma is fetching £11.99 a bottle over here .... 🤔😟

I arrived in Aberdeenshire this afternoon under predictably wonderful conditions (the shadow of the airplane included for effect!):

IMG_20191004_150705.jpg

.......and witnessed a lovely sunset over the River Dee:

IMG_20191004_175647.jpg

I'm inclined to think that Bill and others fabricate weather conditions in order to keep Scotland to themselves.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Not wishing to add too much to the smug filter, but Villa Palma is fetching £11.99 a bottle over here .... 🤔😟
Agggh !
2.65€ in the village store..
It's almost worth buying another MH. To fill up with cases of it, to bring back
Bad news,:
The shelf was empty this morning .
I reckon it was the last of the 2017 stock.. Looks like the 2018 had been exported .
We've come indoors.. it's a cool 19 degrees.
The lights are attracting evil Asian Hornets.. Bee predators.
The electric tennis racket sorts them out.
First time we've seen them. There's a Campaign to erradicate them. Many of our neighbours are bee keepers.
I'll take the corpses to the Mayor's office and see if they can find and destroy the nests .

Apparently yesterday here in Aberdeenshire was a climatic aberration.
Normal service has been resumed.
This is a photo of the sun today in full Scottish splendour:

IMG_20191005_115704.jpg

My sincere apologies for doubting you, Bill and friends.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back