Weather Report..................

It's bright, dry and about 8°C with intermittent sunshine in Hertfordshire.
Perhaps more significantly there's much less air movement than yesterday so today's bike ride should be much easier on the legs and lungs...........
.............I hope!

Colin :):):)

Lovely day,
Sunny, breezy light cloud.
Feeling better so had first trip out, to observe the panic buyers in Lidl.
Why anyone should want to hoard toothpaste, cat litter and jars of Frankfurters, (in rural Portugal), is beyond me.
The car air con works a treat .
So do the sunshade and sunbeds.
BUT....
View attachment 77415

Calm cool morning.. 10 misty degrees at daybreak.
That, " Portuguese " smell of lavender and Cistus in the air.
The sun will break through and we'll be on sunbed duty .
The sky is full of Swallows and a noisy Hoopoe is around.
The storm is still forecast for Tuesday.

We had rain overnight but it's now paused. It's about 9°C and set to climb another couple of degrees.
The air is still and I'm hoping to give the Moho a wash later today in order to remove at least some of the grime it's collected through the winter.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

16 degrees in Carlsbad at 7am this morning. Should reach 20 today with only a chance of a shower.
We’ve decided not to continue to wonderful Palm Desert for a month in the sun, basically because travel bans may make it impossible to get home for a very long time. Our friends who come down from Washington and Canada have given up too. Should be home on Monday night. 🙁⛅⛅

16 degrees in Carlsbad at 7am this morning. Should reach 20 today with only a chance of a shower.
We’ve decided not to continue to wonderful Palm Desert for a month in the sun, basically because travel bans may make it impossible to get home for a very long time. Our friends who come down from Washington and Canada have given up too. Should be home on Monday night. 🙁⛅⛅

Gutted for you ☹️

I'm really sorry to hear that your holiday is to be curtailed, Bill. It's always so difficult to predict what even the short term holds in these circumstances.
And with the random utterances to be expected from Trump it's pretty near impossible.
I really feel for you both.
Have a comfortable and safe trip home.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

It seems a tad frivolous to talk about the weather after Bill’s news but I guess that it might be one of the few normal things we get to talk about in the next few weeks if lockdowns and panic buying continue. Anyway for what it’s worth we left a grey but dry Lindisfarne this morning. We decided to do the loop so up to Berwick and then across on the A698 to Coldstream and Kelso. Lovely run until we got to Hawick, the rest of the run to Carlisle was wet and we opted for the M6, which unsurprisingly , was very quiet, although quite a few motorhomers heading north. Back in Cheshire, it’s dry, breezy and 10 degrees. Forgot to mention that we stayed at The Barn at Beal, which has about 13 motorhome pitches with stunning views over Lindisfarne, not cheap, but on site restaurant and bar with food to die for. It certainly merits a return trip.

I don’t think that the awful effects being suffered in many ways all over should stop us discussing the weather.
It’s been very pleasant mooching around Carlsbad today, dry and around 20 degrees. We visited this amazing little museum.
Hopefully on our way home tomorrow night on the next to last flight to leave San Diego for a while. Such a shame to see such a wonderful city suffering. Our friends in Palm Desert say we’re doing the right thing.
⛅⛅⛅

Back