Weather Report..................

I had to scrape ice off the inside of the car windscreen this morning, it is warming up now though :Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Fire_Emoji:​​

Tezza33;n18176 said:
I had to scrape ice off the inside of the car windscreen this morning, it is warming up now though :Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Fire_Emoji:​​

You'll have to get a roof on your garage Terry ;)

Yesterday the sun was absolutely brilliant.
Although where I was, below the thick, dark grey cloud layer it was chucking it down. I crossed many rivers, all looking like:

WP_20180106_13_07_13_Pro.jpg

Chablis certainly didn't look like a town devoted to Bacchus.
I decided to press on and last night stopped overlooking the upper Loire at Digoin.
I awoke this morning to dryness! I drove south this morning through fairly thick fog for a couple of hours but now, just south of St. Étienne, the fog has cleared and the sun can be seen through thin high cloud. It's about 12°C and the brighter sky is uplifting.

Colin ???

It's weird how crossing a river can bring big changes in the weather, within a short distance.
We've often found that crossing La Loire, at Saumur is like going from one cool, gloomy room to a sunny conservatory.

We went to the village hall, last night for their 3 King festival. Folk groups circulated round the villages, playing carols and they all play their version of a special one for the 3 kings They started on Friday and ended up in our village. We heard 8 different versions of it last night..

It was 5 degrees, as we collected our neighbour, 97, and her toy boy, 86, on the way for an alleged 7.30 start.
The first band arrived at 8.45, out of the minibus, into the bar, and the castanets were clattering 15 minutes later. They did 30 minutes and left for their next gig... No doubt having a noggin before getting into the bus... And another when they got out again..

Each subsequent band was more and more rosy cheeked and nosed, in turn.
We left at 01.40 . There's been no heating and the hall doors were opening and closing,all night.

When we got to the neighbour's, the game old bird was insisting that we come in for Port and the traditional 3 kings cake..
Fell into bed at 02.15.
8 degrees at noon,sunny.

Ano fab day at Calpe.
amazing drive south down the coast road to get here.

Attachments

• photo1585.jpg
    photo1585.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Carrerasax;n18220 said:
Ano fab day at Calpe.
amazing drive south down the coast road to get here.

That's a coincidence, Carerrasax. Only this morning I was chatting to a German guy and his wife on the bank of the Upper Loire at Digoin. They are on their way to Calpe and staying there until the end of March. Apparently it's very popular with German Moho-ers.

Colin ???

The roads are so empty:

WP_20180107_16_45_46_Pro.jpg

The bright sky didn't last much longer. Just before I reached the Cevanne mountains it started raining and the higher I climbed the heavier it got. Whenever I climbed above 1000m the heavy rain changed to huge hailstones and it was deafening under the fibreglass roof. I'd deliberately chosen the Cevannes Corniche but the views weren't always great!
It stopped raining just before the ever popular Aire at St Jean-du-Gard.
Which is totally empty because the steam railway (my prime reason for coming here) is no doubt shut at this time of the year.
Doh!
If the weather doesn't improve by tomorrow evening feel free to have a giggle at my expense.

Colin ???

Attachments

• WP_20180107_13_27_14_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180107_13_27_14_Pro.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Weather here has been very very cold at 15*00 today -3 it’s now even colder and it’s abso white with frost outside

A better 8 degrees outside, as the north wind had dropped. Fresh, clear,starry night.

Well Jack Frost is out playing tonight and it’s really cold here but hopefully that means a nice sunny day tomorrow ?

-3.5 here in frosty Pudsey

Beautiful sunny morning , until you go outside.
6 degrees, rising to a maximum of 12. .
we have to drive to the big town 500 feet uphill. It'll get the full mashing of northwesterly winds.

We'll be rugged up like eskimos.
Winds due to change overnight, bringing warm rain..
That's OK.

Overcast but dry in London today. I hear it's -10 degrees at home!

We'll, what can I say?
Overnight in St Jean-du-Gard Thor decided to keep the good people and their solitary Moho-er visitor wide awake. It flashed, crashed and poured all night long and was still doing so at nine this morning. The little steam train was obviously shut for the winter and even if it had been open a ride in the open sided coaches might not have been exactly fun.
I decided to press on southwards in the continuing storm. When I stopped for fuel the lady attendent assured me that they desperately needed the rain! I'm guessing that she's a close friend of Paul's. It was quite amusing because the pump island really was that and she'd asked me to stop right up against the concrete so that she could jump across the water and stand by the pump so missing the fairly deep water streaming across the forecourt.
I was soon amongst olive trees and vines, though the vines didn't look any happier with the weather than me:

WP_20180108_10_19_07_Pro.jpg

It's difficult to imagine that later this year these vines will deliver the juice that will become the powerful, luscious red wine that the area is so famed for.
The rain gradually eased to a torrential downpour by mid afternoon so I was able to see across the salt marshes and lagoons to the Mediterranean.
This evening it's dry (!) and I'm not far from Perpignan so tomorrow I'll abandon France for the time being and no doubt take rain to Spain.

Colin ???

Back