Weather Report..................

t's about 9°C, patchy dark and light grey with the occasional burst of blue here in Herts.
After yesterday's deluge I just hope there's no more of the wet stuff up there waiting to fall on me as I take my statutory exercise around the lanes this morning.

Colin :):):)

Cooler and breezy day
Ideal day to agree with Management's
suggestion that, " We ", should give the dining chairs and table a coat of the protective varnish , as it was 16 years since we last treated them, on arrival from UK.
The local Woodworms have not taken a liking to English oak..
Anyone need some brownie points...?
I've got more than I'll ever need.IMG_20200501_135113.jpg

Hertfordshire has clear blue sky above it with an air temperature of 10°C and a temperature of about 16°C predicted for later.
It's breezy but beautiful. So my share of the nation's statutory exercise today will be a bike ride around the rolling countryside.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

25 degrees in the shade of the laundry, hanging around the breakfast table.
It'll be hotter when she takes it down for lunch.
That seems to be the forecast for the next 10 days..1588412325868261252876482439778.jpg
I'm on the Mezzanine, under the Olive tree.
You can just see the remains of 4 vapour trails.. the first planes that we've noticed, since lockdown.
Big ones, flying high, along the coastline.
Could be Military.?
Are the Yanks planning something ? Or is it the first signs of a return to normality. ?

Last edited:
Perfect morning..
28 degrees, lovely light breeze.
Huh..
Another vapour trail, this morning going NE from Africa..
This is getting too often..!
How dare they spoil our immaculate sky..!
The first batch of swallows are taking flying lessons, perching on a phone line... directly above our breakfast table.. had to have the parasol up..
Perfect planning from whoever organises things, Mother Nature?
As the young are emerging, the first batch of flying ants took to the skies..
If only Someone like her could be set on by NHS Purchasing .

I awoke to wet surfaces in the great outdoors here in Herts, though it's mild at 11°C and the air is still.
A shower may or may not spoil the harmony about midday according to the soothsayers.
So it's bread baking this morning and outdoor exercise this afternoon for me.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Busy, warm day.
Just us, a noisy Nightingale and a bottle of Lidl finest malt , on the terrace.
A chorus of Frogs and Toads are tuning up in a nearby beck.
The local classical radio has just switched from Beethoven to some, "cat on the piano ", music
Time to get up and switch it off.
Goodnight

Last edited:
It's clear blue above Herts this morning - even better than the forecast. We have 11°C at the moment with a likely 16°C this afternoon. And, fortunately for cyclists, still air.
I'll possibly, just possibly, throw a leg across a leather saddle and test my legs again today.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

" Unbroken sunshine all day, gentle breezes from the SE.."
So say the Seaweed Fondlers...
Gusts from Due West bringing cloud and few drops of rain, earlier.
The Goatherd has his coat on. We're in shorts and T shirts.
A plane just left Faro, but didn't fly across our dining room ceiling.1588580320551552848862836112802.jpg

" Unbroken sunshine all day, gentle breezes from the SE.."
So say the Seaweed Fondlers...
Gusts from Due West bringing cloud and few drops of rain, earlier.
The Goatherd has his coat on. We're in shorts and T shirts.
A plane just left Faro, but didn't fly across our dining room ceiling.View attachment 54326
You have a beautiful selection of spots to sit and be isolated! Hope the sun continues for you with just the odd downpour of rain at night! When we left the barn this morning the neighbour spotted me and was concerned as I only have sleeveless t-shirt on...she had a jumper and tabard over the top of it!

Back