Weather Report..................

Morning all, it’s a grey start with small patches of blue, breezy from the north, and just creeping up to 7 degrees, should stay dry but frost warning for tonight. Hopefully it will be the last night I have to go and tuck up all the tender plants.

Hertford Shire is very similar to Oxford Shire and Che Shire (that last one doesn't work, does it?) this morning with about 8°C now rising to about 12°C later.
It's mainly grey up there but the proportion of blue will hopefully increase with the temperature as the day progresses.
But........ it's due to stay dry so outdoor exercise is most definitely on the forecast.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

No overnight rain.
Very pleasant breakfast outdoors.. 23 degrees.
Serenaded by Mr Oriole and Mr Jay, who struggled a bit with the melodies.. ( Imagine Marlena Dietrich on 50 Capstan Full Strength a day... If you're under 47, Google these 2.. ).

The forecast was for nearly an inch of rain between 10 am and tomorrow night.
We had to dash in at 9.50..
It's not bad news.

UPDATE :
Torrential rain started the moment we sat down , inside, to a bowl of hot soup... Unheard of, here in May.

I've not seen the big cistern overflow, before... Impressive.. Scary.

Downed spoon.. put on waterproofs, fought my way out, to change the feed to the smaller cistern... Imagine a scene from Moby Dick....

Got soaked.

It stopped raining as I squelched back indoors.

UPDATE :
Torrential rain started the moment we sat down , inside, to a bowl of hot soup... Unheard of, here in May.

Downed spoon.. put on waterproofs, fought my way out, to change the feed to the smaller cistern... Imagine a scene from Moby Dick....

Got soaked.

At least the lies I tell are consistent..😇
We haven't driven the car for a fortnight, left it with the widows slightly open, under a shade cloth,, tucked into the doors, as the weather was hot.
Checked tonight, as we're out shopping, early doors..
I've found out why they are described as bucket seats.
Another rain squall has just arrived..
We're due another 15 mm overnight..
It's not bad news .
We've 2 months of water in stock ..
3 if no visitors .

Last edited:
UPDATE :

Got soaked.

Echo.........Echo......Echo........Echo...

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

There's unbroken blue above Hertfordshire this morning. In fact far, far more than we need for local consumption. I thought I'd be public spirited and offer to ship some to other parts of the Beautiful Isle but it seems that you're all in pretty much the same position.
Oh, well - at least I thought of others in our hour of surplus.
It's about 7°C now with a steady climb to the giddy heights of 12°C anticipated. The wind will hopefully be a tad kinder to the legs today as I cycle around the lanes for as long as I choose.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Big rain, overnight.. But not enough to cut our lane.. A glum, boisterous 13 degrees.
Had to put winter clothing on... Even SOCKS..!
More this morning, while we were shopping.
It's supposed to be unbroken until 10 am tomorrow.
We've just had a leisurely lunch outside.
The car's sunbathing with all opened up, to dry it out.
The socks and winter gear are discarded... For the present..!

Big rain, overnight.. But not enough to cut our lane.. A glum, boisterous 13 degrees.
Had to put winter clothing on... Even SOCKS..!
More this morning, while we were shopping.
It's supposed to be unbroken until 10 am tomorrow.
We've just had a leisurely lunch outside.
The car's sunbathing with all opened up, to dry it out.
The socks and winter gear are discarded... For the present..!
Portuguese weather seems very confused this year!! Sunny, breezy and not that warm here today!

The neighbours are over the moon, Ruth.
We've had 7 dry years and they have struggled to get through the Summer.
No problems this year.. Especially as there will be few tourists coming in.
Another couple of days .. Then that should be the end of the rain..

Back