Weather Report..................

It's a pleasantly warm 22°C in Hertfordshire, though there is a very thin and patchy layer of white cloud slowly building.
A gentle breeze makes it a joy to be out relaxing in the fresh air.
Lockdown not withstanding, life feels good.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Well it started cloudy and warm in Cheshire, so a chance to get some garden jobs done at the daughter‘s house, managed to get away by 3.00 for a few hours fishing and the skies cleared by late afternoon to leave us with a lovely evening. The trout weren’t too interested in my offerings although one did succumb, not that it mattered it was just nice to be out enjoying the countryside and listening to a cuckoo in the distance. Wall to wall sunshine for the next few days and no rain forecast for the next 14 days .......

Well it started cloudy and warm in Cheshire, so a chance to get some garden jobs done at the daughter‘s house, managed to get away by 3.00 for a few hours fishing and the skies cleared by late afternoon to leave us with a lovely evening. The trout weren’t too interested in my offerings although one did succumb, not that it mattered it was just nice to be out enjoying the countryside and listening to a cuckoo in the distance. Wall to wall sunshine for the next few days and no rain forecast for the next 14 days .......

Thanks for reminding me about cuckoos, Dave.
Cuckoos usually arrive in Hertfordshire in May but I've yet to hear one attracting a mate or marking it's boundary this year.
They're amazing animals. Those that come to the UK migrate to and from the Congo and there's some fascinating work tracking the migration by the British Trust for Ornithology that can be found here.
For a truly amazing demonstration of migration by these birds it's well worth looking at this.
There's now reckoned to be only 15000 pairs breeding in the UK, a tragic decline in a bird that fascinated me as a child - and still does.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Thanks for reminding me about cuckoos, Dave.
Cuckoos usually arrive in Hertfordshire in May but I've yet to hear one attracting a mate or marking it's boundary this year.
They're amazing animals. Those that come to the UK migrate to and from the Congo and there's some fascinating work tracking the migration by the British Trust for Ornithology that can be found here.
For a truly amazing demonstration of migration by these birds it's well worth looking at this.
There's now reckoned to be only 15000 pairs breeding in the UK, a tragic decline in a bird that fascinated me as a child - and still does.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
Reminded me, on our only walk outside the van in France, early May, we heard a cuckoo and commented on how rarely one heard them! Cuckoo's and skylarks really remind me of my youth days staying with my grandma in Reculver . Used to spend ages trying to follow skylarks and spot their nest on the ground. Soil erosion means that those fields no longer exist as the cliffs dropped into the sea.

Thanks for the link Colin, amazing the work that goes on.
Another perfect day here. I’m going to get vehicles ready for some short runs in the hope that we may be allowed out even if only locally on Friday. It’s 4 months since they turned a wheel, apart from my Xantia which passed it’s mot last week with no advisories. ☀️☀️☀️

Hertfordshire is basking under a clear blue sky with the air at about 20°C and the distinct possibility that we'll be enjoying 25°C later this afternoon.
The air is still and I thought that I'd spend a while enjoying the experience with coffee in the garden before levering myself vertically and doing something more challenging.
There's still no cuckoo-ing going on.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back