Weather Report..................

That's an unhappy looking Bentley, Bill. Hope she gets a chance to cheer up soon.

IMG_20180121_120001_kindlephoto-1239915.jpg
It's a shame that nobody is caring for the orchards. As the trees are not pruned ,it doesn't become worthwhile to pick the Almonds. Last years nuts ate still on.

Each year, the nuts get smaller. Our Farmer's co-op is selling 5kilo bags of Californian shelled Almonds, for less than the price they would pay to local farmers .
Each passing year, the blossom gets less.
Crazy world, Innit?

Pauljenny;n20519 said:
That's an unhappy looking Bentley, Bill. Hope she gets a chance to cheer up soon.

Me too, she's got a warm glow inside though. ?

It dropped to a minimum temperature of 18°C in the Moho last night. A tad uncomfortable for me.
At midday it was 27°C in the Moho with doors and windows open.

So two weather reports today.
Hertfordshire:

IMG-20180121-WA0001.jpg

And Vinaroz, Spain:

WP_20180121_10_40_14_Pro.jpg

Colin ???

Don't tell us that you are feeling homesick, Colin. ?

Pauljenny;n20558 said:
Don't tell us that you are feeling homesick, Colin. ?

Nah. I can manage the hot weather for a bit longer yet, Paul.

Colin ???

26C this arvo at Cabo de panos nr lamanga. Had to run for shade after lunch at excellent harbour side restaurant.
sorry UK ??

Cabo de Palos, under the light house?
lovely spot. We spent 5 serene days there, years ago. Saturday night, wedding parties turned up for sunset photos. .Later, carloads of teenagers arrived to drink and play loud music.
By 3.am, we took off down to near the police station and slept like logs.
We awoke to find we were completely surrounded by the Sunday market.

Carrerasax;n20594 said:
26C this arvo at Cabo de panos nr lamanga. Had to run for shade after lunch at excellent harbour side restaurant.
sorry UK ??

Don't feel sorry, the snow in UK is very pretty and an excellent lunch at home would take a lot of beating. Off to get some sun next month, but for now this weather is brilliant, I'd hate to have missed seeing the snow.

2cv;n20600 said:
Don't feel sorry, the snow in UK is very pretty and an excellent lunch at home would take a lot of beating. Off to get some sun next month, but for now this weather is brilliant, I'd hate to have missed seeing the snow.

I can identify with that view, 2cv. This warm weather seems very 'artificial' when visiting for a relatively short time. It's enjoyable and different but there's little variety compared to the UK!

Colin ???

Full Member;n20602 said:
I can identify with that view, 2cv. This warm weather seems very 'artificial' when visiting for a relatively short time. It's enjoyable and different but there's little variety compared to the UK!

Colin ???

Can't agree with you two, Bill and Colin..

I've got a boring chronic condition, Management has Osteo Arthritis. We were advised to find a kinder climate and left Leeds in 1999. Sunshine, warm, clean air and a good supply of simple food and wine,keeps us functional and enjoying life.

Even without the illnesses, we'd rather risk being bored in Paradise, than suffering in a cold, damp and polluted country.

11 degrees on the terrace.. Sky like black velvet, with brilliant stars , sprinkled on it.

Pauljenny;n20606 said:

I've got a boring chronic condition, Management has Osteo Arthritis. We were advised to find a kinder climate and left Leeds in 1999. Sunshine, warm, clean air and a good supply of simple food and wine,keeps us functional and enjoying life.

Even without the illnesses, we'd rather risk being bored in Paradise, than suffering in a cold, damp and polluted country.

11 degrees on the terrace.. Sky like black velvet, with brilliant stars , sprinkled on it.

Good job everyone is not the same. I love to get away from the incessant rain for some sun occasionally but would really miss it never to experience snow or a good crisp winters day. I do think that many underestimate the UKs fantastic variety and just what a wonderful place it is to be. I'm very grateful to have been born there.
I've spent a lifetime exploring our little islands and still find more to be amazed at every year. Be good if Glasgow could have a giant umbrella though ?

After the snow came heavy rain which flooded our drive, fun wading through while carrying our summer clothes to the van!
anyway we are now sat at Dover waiting for the ferry - it's not raining but can't see the sky for all the light pollution.

Linda;n20620 said:
After the snow came heavy rain which flooded our drive, fun wading through while carrying our summer clothes to the van!
anyway we are now sat at Dover waiting for the ferry - it's not raining but can't see the sky for all the light pollution.

Why not the shuttle if ur at Dover!!!!

Pauljenny;n20606 said:

I understand that lots of people both enjoy and benefit from a milder climate than the UK, Paul. My brother lived in southern Spain for many years and thoroughly enjoyed himself there. I'm fortunate enough to be able to visit warmer, sunnier climes pretty much as I please and visits suit me well. I was simply trying to register the fact that things are pretty much constant on the costas and for me, assuming my circumstances don't change, it will only ever be a place to visit, not live.
It's clear that you have embraced Portugal and it's culture and are very happy there. That makes many of us happy with and for you.

Colin ???

Warm sun and about 17°C in the shade right now. If the sky stays clear it's going to be pretty warm by early afternoon. The strong wind that was rocking the Moho again last evening has thankfully disappeared.

Colin ???

Back