Weather Report..................

Lordy: it rained every minute of yesterday and well into the early/late hours here in west Wales. very windy too. It seems to have died down now with grey skies and breeze but no rain....yet.

It also happens to be blue bag (recycling) collection day today so everyone put their bags out last night. So I'm off into the garden soon to pick up all the stuff which got blown there from people's bags...yuck!

Hertfordshire had a very blustery and wet night. This morning the wind is abating though there's the occasional few minutes of sudden wildness.
And the occasional few minutes of blue.
And the occasional few minutes of rain.
It's relatively mild at 11°C but I'm not sure about a bike ride in all that uncertainty.
I guess that makes me a bit of a wimp, then?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

The rain we had first thing has died away and there are plenty of blue patches above Hertfordshire right now.
It's a pity that the water pump in the Moho isn't doing what it's paid to do. It's in the most inaccessible place imaginable - under the bed at the back of the Moho behind a drop down flap and hidden behind the 100 litre water tank. I guess that Autosleeper started with a water pump then built the Moho around it, finishing with the engine.
I can see an access hatch being cut somewhere I don't really want one.

Colin :):):)

Weather as per yesterday's post.
Won't bore you with the details.

Planned a busy day, out and about.
Went for an early stroll and found our lane completely blocked by a DPD Van.. At 45• in the ditch.
He'd put the shortest route to a hamlet, a mile away.. .
The real road is 500 metres longer.
Only an idiot wears a baseball cap back to front here... especially when driving.
This one must have been watching his phone..
So we have a perfect excuse to top up our suntans.

The rain we had first thing has died away and there are plenty of blue patches above Hertfordshire right now.
It's a pity that the water pump in the Moho isn't doing what it's paid to do. It's in the most inaccessible place imaginable - under the bed at the back of the Moho behind a drop down flap and hidden behind the 100 litre water tank. I guess that Autosleeper started with a water pump then built the Moho around it, finishing with the engine.
I can see an access hatch being cut somewhere I don't really want one.

Colin :):):)

I needed thinking time this morning, so headed out on the Brompton for a l-o-n-g ride in the dry, intermittently blue but very blustery weather.
I'm pleased to say that, although I haven't decided exactly how to handle the Moho problem, I feel much more positive about the world! It's strange; usually I wouldn't think twice about tackling a job like the water pump, but presently I feel hesitant about getting access. Perhaps the current restrictions are affecting me?
At least the fuel tank is 6.5 metres away, so with a bit of luck I should miss that.
Apparently not everyone does.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Good luck Colin, not the weather yet for crawling underneath vans, but would it help to drop the tank rather than cut holes where you can't see ....................

Good luck Colin, not the weather yet for crawling underneath vans, but would it help to drop the tank rather than cut holes where you can't see ....................
Thanks for that, Dave. I'm still thinking through the options at the moment. Removing the water tank will mean removing the Truma heating unit and......
Well, you get the picture. I can actually see the other side of where I'll probably cut panels, so I should be able to miss the bits and pieces that I need to miss.
Thinking cap on for a while longer, then measure 9 times and cut once!
Thanks again for your input - it's appreciated.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Alternatively can you get at the pipework and electrics, cut and pull back and fit a new sureflow pump in a more accessible location for the future ..... back on thread its been a pleasant if somewhat cool and breezy day in Cheshire.

Back