Weather Report..................

The forecast said.., " Rain at 2 pm.
We sat down for lunch, outside, at 1.55.... Under the parasol.
It was warm and sunny.
I had topped my salad with pickled beetroot, so took off my Tee shirt, as a precaution.
At 2.02, a black cloud rushed in from the North West.
At 2.04, it started to rain
At 2.05, we were inside.

That's the first time, this year, that the forecast had been correct.
Bum !
It's chucking it down now..
Should I cancel the BBQ, we've planned for 5pm.?

We have had the rain that was forecast overnight here in west Wales. Saved me a job as I'd spread lawn fertiliser on part of the lawn and it needed to be watered in today. Its grey and moody out there now.

Plenty of rain fell on Gloucestershire last night so, not wanting to get wet right up to my middle, I won't be stepping in any puddles today.
It's relatively mild, brightening as I type and is forecast to be showery rather than continual rain later this morning.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Last edited:
Breakfast started a a chilly 20 degrees,. Nearer 30, by the time I'd decapitated my egg. At 8.45 precisely
No chance of more rain , this month, we're told.
Not convinced..
It's now cloudy, 15 degrees and spitting in the wind.
Brandy coffee time.
I

'Intermittent rain showers' was the forecast for Tewkesbury today.
And it was absolutely spot on.
Though 'Rain showers with continual rain filling in the otherwise dry slots' would have been more accurate. We got soaked viewing the beautiful wooden framed buildings, the amazing collection of alleyways linking the roads that run parallel to the river - and the riverside itself (the Severn and Avon meet here).
Having said that, Mr & Mrs Mallard and their hatchlings seemed to thoroughly enjoy the weather that I didn't:

IMG_20210428_155416.jpg

Tewkesbury Abbey is well worth a visit. It's a most attractive building in it's own right with a truly huge (250 year old?) copper beech tree in the grounds and this rather interesting Greek palindrome above the stoop:

IMG_20210428_144308.jpg

"Wash the sins, not only the face"

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Back