Weather Report..................

Edina;n28530 said:
We'em all white in Devon - here's a photo:-

I got it. After a second or third thought.
You gave me the first grin of hopefully many today, Chris.
Thanks.

Colin ???

2cv;n28520 said:
A bit cooler than the desert here at the coast but a lot better than it would have been stuck at Heathrow.

That looks rather attractive, Bill. Where, exactly?

Colin ???

Last edited:
Mainly not white here.

WP_20180302_10_28_43_Rich.jpg

The dunes at the northern end of Fuerteventura.

Colin ???

You can get too much of a good thing.

It's warmer.
We've enough water, thankyou.
Everything looks lovely and green
The van has never been cleaner
It's no longer dusty
We won't need our sunglasses today
Of our outdoor shoes..

Only 15 minutes to coffee and brandy time.

Full Member;n28589 said:
Mainly not white here.

The dunes at the northern end of Fuerteventura.

Colin ???

Thanks Colin.
You and 2CV are saving me the effort of posting smugpics.
At least I'll not have to go round the garden with the watering can, for a couple of weeks, it would seem.

Last edited:
Just started snowing again on the gentle hills of Devon.

At least we have something to look forward to:-

The Big Thaw

Well it’s sub zero here and Baltic. Lorry been parked up for two days now plus will be idle sat and Sunday ,next weeks going to be mayhem

Don’t ask me about weather today, took a flight to Geneva, Airport closed due to snow so dropped us at Lyon and said your on your own sort yourself. EasyJet! I generally like EasyJet but thought this was poor service.

Phillybarbour;n28645 said:
Don’t ask me about weather today, took a flight to Geneva, Airport closed due to snow so dropped us at Lyon and said your on your own sort yourself. EasyJet! I generally like EasyJet but thought this was poor service.

Sorry to hear that, I suspect that they may be liable to compensate you for that, and if not and you booked by card they should reimburse you.

A very sunny day here in San Diego today
image.jpeg

2cv;n28661 said:
Sorry to hear that, I suspect that they may be liable to compensate you for that, and if not and you booked by card they should reimburse you.

A very sunny day here in San Diego today

They sent me a rext while stile on the plane waiting to disembark saying i could claim a refund plus reasonable additional costs. But 300 people needing the same solution at the same time with a roads in Geneva closed or at a standstill meant colutions weren’t easy. We booked into a hotel for one night and have hired a car to get us there. Taxi drivers outside wanted 400euro plus waiting time if motorway closed/really slow. To be fair to EasyJet they tell us they spent 2 hours trying to get coaches for a transfer but no coach company would take the job due to the traffic around Geneva just not going anywhere.

Phillybarbour;n28670 said:
They sent me a rext while stile on the plane waiting to disembark saying i could claim a refund plus reasonable additional costs. But 300 people needing the same solution at the same time with a roads in Geneva closed or at a standstill meant colutions weren’t easy. We booked into a hotel for one night and have hired a car to get us there. Taxi drivers outside wanted 400euro plus waiting time if motorway closed/really slow. To be fair to EasyJet they tell us they spent 2 hours trying to get coaches for a transfer but no coach company would take the job due to the traffic around Geneva just not going anywhere.

Glad that you're sorted for now. Have fun when you get there.

I can hear drip, drip, drip outside the window, which hopefully means we are thawing out. Still mounds of snow everywhere so it's going to take a few days of decent temperatures.

The laird;n28674 said:
Hope you get on ok phil,where are you now?

leaving Lyon this morning going to Veysonnaz in Switzerland for a ski trip with one of my sons. It’s about a 4 hour drive so should be ok by end of today.

Heavy, heavy, heavy snow now here in south Wales.:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow:Emoji_Snowflake_Dow

Phillybarbour;n28685 said:
leaving Lyon this morning going to Veysonnaz in Switzerland for a ski trip with one of my sons. It’s about a 4 hour drive so should be ok by end of today.

Hope you have fun phil but you guys stay safe

WP_20180302_10_29_43_Rich (2).jpg

Our part of Fuerteventura is grey and about 17°C at present with fine drizzle occasionally in the air.
On a positive note there is plenty of lpg.

Stay safe those of you on the Scottish Islands. I hope your problem with lpg is resolved soon.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Back