Weather Report..................

Tonight it looks as if fog is coming in and it’s also drizzling pleased I’m going to bed!

The rain arrived at 5.21 and stopped, 2 hours later. Gentle, and about half of what was forecast.. Cisterns about 70 % full. 15 degrees, overcast.
The Blackbirds and Thrushes are having a feast on the snails and slugs that are everywhere.. Fat and juicy . The birds sing quieter, with their beaks full.
The cafés and restaurants will have snails on the menu soon. A great delicacy.

It was misty on the outskirts of Ghent first thing this morning.
So we've driven north, passed under the Western Schelde, over the amazing sea defences on the Eastern Schelde and arrived at an aire attached to a campsite near Renesse.
The sun is now trying to break through:

WP_20190408_13_21_21_Panorama (2).jpg

A walk over the sand dunes and along the enormous beach is most definitely on the agenda this afternoon.

Colin ???

Y
Turned out nice again, so we got t'other side of summerhouse roof done. Just the ridge pieces to do, but we'll fit them another day (my roofer is complaining of sore knees :rolleyes:)
You know what to get your roofer for Xmas or next birthday..?.
A set of buckle on knee pads.. Good news is that they don't do them in pink and you can't buy matching handbags and. shoes.

Last edited:
Odd looking day.
No rain forecast yesterday night, until Friday. I tidied the cistern connecters' away. Showers overnight ...
Drizzle this morning, forecast all day. Got out and connected up again.
I'm sunbathing now.
I give in...!

It was a promising start to the day in Zeeland.
So we've driven to South Holland.
It would have been so much quicker if Annie had followed Ian instead of a completely random White Van Man.
Now we're in a Delft under a mainly blue sky:

WP_20190409_13_39_14_Pro.jpg

Colin ???

The weather and enthralling sights kept our spirits high in Delft today:

WP_20190409_15_31_00_Rich.jpg

About 12 degC air temperature but it was much warmer when sheltered from the breeze and in the copious sunshine.

Colin ???

Last edited:
Back