Weather Report..................

There ought to be a " Jealous", button to press.
Like or thanks doesn't express my current thinking.
Beautiful pictures, once more. Colin.
Very mixed up day , for us. Too cold and damp for breakfast outside. Lunch was.ok, under patchy clouds and 20 degrees. We watched a cold front charge in bringing a cold nor'wester and a hint of rain. .
As soon as we'd got settled indoors, with the heating on , the winds returned to a sunny south westerly.
It's a cold, clear bright evening outside.
We have 3 dimplexes on.

sun came out about an hour ago.........windy and cold........
over on the east coast....FILEY.......family over there for a few days........they say lovely and warm they cooked breakfast outside this morning..........cant be bad.

Filey.. Trixie?

The Filey between Scarborough, Bridlington and the graveyard? Breakfast outside.. They are either pulling your leg... Or Global warming IS really serious.
On a Whitsun holiday weekend, 46 years ago, we and 5 other young couples were walking the Yorkshire coast cliff footpath.
On the Sunday night, after walking about 30 miles in miserable damp conditions, we were all booked into various B&Bs.
We had a dismal meal in an empty pub.
At 9.30, they started turning lights off and setting up for breakfast
We took the hint and turned out into the deserted, rain lashed streets.
Absolutely nothing going on, anywhere.
6 weeks later,....
4 of the girls were pregnant..
We never went back.

Filey.. Trixie?

The Filey between Scarborough, Bridlington and the graveyard? Breakfast outside.. They are either pulling your leg... Or Global warming IS really serious.
On a Whitsun holiday weekend, 46 years ago, we and 5 other young couples were walking the Yorkshire coast cliff footpath.
On the Sunday night, after walking about 30 miles in miserable damp conditions, we were all booked into various B&Bs.
We had a dismal meal in an empty pub.
At 9.30, they started turning lights off and setting up for breakfast
We took the hint and turned out into the deserted, rain lashed streets.
Absolutely nothing going on, anywhere.
6 weeks later,....
4 of the girls were pregnant..
We never went back.

OH NO, it is sad to hear that............LOVE FILEY............beautiful bay, surrounded by cliffs........quiet,safe, peaceful.......been visiting there since i was a child.......then took my daughter when she was a child......then grandchildren....they all love it.......g.reatgrandchild been going since he was about 2mths old...........asked what he wanted for his 4th birthday....answer was.....FILEY< FILEY. in gleeful squeals...............so that where they have taken him for a couple of days
thankfully they have had good weather.........and yes breakfast was cooked and eaten outdoors.......proper suntrap they have there...............

well for the past few days, mornings have been better than afternoons...apart from yesterday which was beautiful all day...............
today morning has been lovely and sunny, now overcast and quite cold.........unfortunately ive been missing out on the sunshine.........shall have to try and get myself awake earlier.....

Back