Weather Report..................

Didn't detect even the slightest hint of smugness, there.. The new Two way filter is coping well.
Colin... Just bide your time, suffer in your usual stoicism.
Then you can leave on the due date,, without any feelings of guilt or regret.

Lee.. ? Don't start..!
Unexpected 8 degrees, at daybreak. 20 in the shade at lunch.
It would have been useless sitting in the shade in just my speedos, so I lunched elsewhere.

So
Lovely and sunny earlier, grey and raining now.

Never mind. Honey roast ham with roast vegetables on the side for tea tonight :)

Sounds good. Marie.
We have the other end of the pig..it's head cheeks, rather than it's rump cheeks.
Proper winter food, braised with squash and root veg. .Enjoy!

Looking set fair, according to the forecast.
Light winds, clouds, temperatures moderate for the next week.
We'll see. !
Only one 1.5Kw dimplex on. That's going off overnight.. First time for weeks.

The sun is trying to break through the thin cloud high above Hertfordshire.
It's very mild for the time of year and the air still.
So I'll pack anyway and make up my mind about whether to zoom off in a southerly direction or not late today.
It's such a difficult decision to be confronted with.

Colin :):):)

Just go, Colin.
Don't be such a wimp...!
The weather there, can't get any worse than you've suffered recently.
I see the flights, passing over our coastline give us the details and I'll put my kecks on to give you a wave.
It's that sort of weather today...
Pity I'm on curtain hanging duties.
A man's gotta do.......
If he doesn't want to spend next winter in Salford.

Afternoon campers it’s really nice here today bit nippy but nice Paul stop talking and get those curtains hung up!

Just go, Colin.
Don't be such a wimp...!
I see the flights, passing over our coastline give us the details and I'll put my kecks on to give you a wave.
A man's gotta do.......

The thought of you hanging curtains with no kecks on will be with me to my grave.

Just go, Colin.
Don't be such a wimp...!
A man's gotta do.......

I've been pondering your advice, Paul, and have decided that I need to man-up, grit my teeth, take my red beauties by the waist band and just do it.
After all, what's the worst that could happen?
Perhaps the carrier will go bust, leaving me marooned in the sunshine.
Or I'll put on a pound or two and have to buy a new pair of red beauties in order to maintain that suave, man-about-the-Canaries look.
With the kind of help and support available to members through these pages I just know I stand a good chance of getting through the next 12 days.
So you're quite right, I should go.
I do, however, recognise that life won't be easy for those having to wade through the inevitable heaps of smugness that will result from me taking your advice. That may well sit uncomfortably on your shoulders.

Last edited:
I've been pondering your advice, Paul, and have decided that I need to man-up, grit my teeth, take my red beauties by the waist band and just do it.
After all, what's the worst that could happen?
Perhaps the carrier will go bust, leaving me marooned in the sunshine.
Or I'll put on a pound or two and have to buy a new pair of red beauties in order to maintain that suave, man-about-the-Canaries look.
With the kind of help and support available to members through these pages I just know I stand a good chance of getting through the next 12 days.
So you're quite right, I should go.
I do, however, recognise that life won't be easy for those having to wade through the inevitable heaps of smugness that will result from me taking your advice. That may well sit uncomfortably on your shoulders.

I'm not worried, Colin.
I know we can all rely on your tact and discretion. Smugness will be the last thing on your mind as you savour the cultural delights . Don't spend all the sunny days in museums and libraries.
Didn't see much sunshine myself, today.
Confined to barracks, drilling into diamond hard oak beams, breaking drills, in their holes, decapitating Chinese woodscrews and inventing new and more obscene swear words.
Still, no heating costs, so far.

It was about 6°C in Herts at 03:30 and it warmed considerably as I motored towards the Canary Islands on the M25. So much so that here in Gatwick it's 7°C right now.

HEALTH WARNING:

Smugging commences in approximately 12 hours!

Colin ???

Back