We're off

Yeah, moho parking app has a mind of its own, one minute it shows places, then they disappear not to be seen for a while I turn stuff off in the filter but they still show on the map, the WC app is still best but only two on in the south of Ireland that I can see, which I added this week so a chocolate fireguard for this trip sadly, sort of defeats its purpose, but hopefully it'll help others later.

I do have this clever spreadsheet a long gone facts member gave me and I input my own data.

You can just click the blue Google link and it does all you need, very much like WC but I think predates it in 2014.

IMO one of the nicest places to go in Ireland is Westport in Co. Mayo. If I was looking to move to Ireland and had a free choice of where to go, any contenders would have to be able to beat Westport.
After that, probably Co. Kerry I think.
Co. Roscommon, Co. Clare and ... controversially for some, Co. Donegal, would be my least favourite places. I just didn't get a good feeling for Donegal. It might have been the horrible B&B stayed at in the town centre, but the place just didn't click, whereas in Westport instantly felt at home.

IMO one of the nicest places to go in Ireland is Westport in Co. Mayo. If I was looking to move to Ireland and had a free choice of where to go, any contenders would have to be able to beat Westport.
After that, probably Co. Kerry I think.
Co. Roscommon, Co. Clare and ... controversially for some, Co. Donegal, would be my least favourite places. I just didn't get a good feeling for Donegal. It might have been the horrible B&B stayed at in the town centre, but the place just didn't click, whereas in Westport instantly felt at home.
I stayed at the hotel strand, for going to kids santa years back, fair bed and smashing big breakie next morning, and the owner wanted to give me a job.strand.png

We're off to the English Market in Cork this morning for some reason.

Been, i forgot to send it.

a very nice old fashioned market, lovely produce, lovely people.

Stayed at caliso Bay beach last night, about ten vans caravans and tents, ir seems its a nuddy beach, attractions everywhere for those with no taste.

No mention of it on the signs.

Saw an interesting self build, no SLD it had a hab door though.

20230909_070814.jpg20230909_064407.jpg20230909_064411.jpg20230909_064616.jpg20230909_064726.jpg20230909_064822.jpg20230909_064903.jpg

clearly the signs of what you can and cannot do are optional looking at the photo of the tent and the "no tents" symbol.

We had a good wander around Cork this morning, got there 8ish while it was still 🐻able had some breakfast in the market, got some fancy bread for tea, it was great having the scooter, but Liz was knackered so went back to the van at 12.30ish

We were on our way to Smeen, and found an unlisted WC spot so staying here tonight, really warm though, everything open even my flys.

clearly the signs of what you can and cannot do are optional looking at the photo of the tent and the "no tents" symbol.
Everyone almost had a fire going, but it's a very sandy and stoney beach, so it looked to be sensibly done, Liz had a bit of a scrotum feast, I was fine 🙂

Everyone almost had a fire going, but it's a very sandy and stoney beach, so it looked to be sensibly done, Liz had a bit of a scrotum feast, I was fine 🙂
early christmas? "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" :)

Well one did have a dig collar, and the other a gimp mask, so you'd have fit right in old love.

A drop of rain wouldn't go amiss but the farmers are still making hay, I think they have had four crops this year so it'd be a good year to build a straw bale house.

It felt like it rained last night it sounded like it did anyway but the ground looks dry.

Off into Smeen later 😌 🤗😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗

You are not going anywhere to you come up norf, i did warn you about the indians so far down, no big towns up here, try Donegal town, flat carpark and feeding places within 100 yards, much less people up here and more open space.View attachment 69243View attachment 69244View attachment 69249View attachment 69250View attachment 69254View attachment 69255
Morning that's a bit nice. Heading over the seas next April to have a wander about and get the fur friend passport jabs. What's it like for 9m tags?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back