We're off

A drop of rain wouldn't go amiss but the farmers are still making hay, I think they have had four crops this year so it'd be a good year to build a straw bale house.

It felt like it rained last night it sounded like it did anyway but the ground looks dry.

Off into Smeen later 😌 🤗 ☺ 😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗 ☺ 😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗 ☺ 😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗 ☺ 😊 🙌 😎 😌 🤗
All the tractors are going mad here getting in the goodies from fields before this weather breaks.

Not seen much combining and there is still a lot of corn in the fields too,

You picked a fine time to leave me loose heel.

At Portmagee, Kerry, won awards in 2012, Lord knows why, its nice but not award winning and we're plagued by fog here too.

Not seen much combining and there is still a lot of corn in the fields too,

You picked a fine time to leave me loose heel.
Bugger me, near kilarny was combining display, there was a bit to do bit grumpy vetoed it.

We have tried using the new Craic app doesn't rate very high for me, must have been written by someone quite young I feel, it does work but is very clunky and not user friendly, it isn't a finished article by any means. BUT it does work better than 4sites or 4night, which isn't saying much, thankfully I do still have the POIs I saved on our last visit.

Yes I am critical, I expect app to work for me, Phil WC app is by far the best but not much use down here sadly, is that perhaps a choice or is it that nobody has posted any places, not had any negative vibes here, just the opposite as soon as they see us old farts they couldn't be more welcoming despite the British plates

We had a nice meal, no booze was harmed.

We stayed in kilarny last night, very peaceful apart from the crossing places beeping like a fecking heart monitor all night not loud but I could just hear it enough to be annoying and there are apartments right next to them too.

Had some soft weather today 😌 🤗 not too bad but enough to drop the temperature to sensible levels.

We went over Connor pass just now, Liz had a fair grip of the seat.

I wish I'd had a decent camera in my hand, I just looked out of the window and a beautiful pair of sea eagles floated up from the cliff below us.

Overnighter on the Hagley Bypass last night. All went well until 0627 this morning when there was a knock on the Van door. The Burger Van lady complaining that I had parked in her space. Oops ... :rolleyes:

Steve

Today's visitor gave the Van a close inspection for about 15 minutes before deciding not to buy ... Don't know whether he could see his reflection or whether there was some reflected warmth from the bonnet but the horse moved even closer, resting his head on the grill. Bizarre!

Steve

PXL_20230912_095501098.jpg

Our stop for tonight is good for the two vans we had with a comfortable distance between us, then a German invaded the space and while too tight I could live with it as our windows didn't over look each other, then this bleeding none English speaking frog arrived, I know he didn't speak it cos if he had he might have been offended enough to leave, I tried to get across that he was to close, but he just shrugged, so I moved closer to his wife, and she moved away so she said summat to him, and he went to speak to the German who must have told him to go screw himself, so he then went to talk to the Chap in a rented wildax, the wildax moved over, then the frog moved about three feet away from us, then the German who thought it was funny me having a pop at the frog lost his humour started shouting at the frog then drove off tyres squealing.

So how close do these bloody foriegners park over there? Cos it's way to close for my liking I reckon no closer the the width of a van as a minimum, but this frog was almost touching mirrors.

I think I need some phrase lessons for i'm sorry but you are too close to my van in several languages, and maybe if you don't move I may be forced to lamp you.

Overnighter on the Hagley Bypass last night. All went well until 0627 this morning when there was a knock on the Van door. The Burger Van lady complaining that I had parked in her space. Oops ... :rolleyes:

Steve
Should ave ordered a breakie 🥓

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back