What did you do to your van today?

Lizzyp. What type parking sensors. And what mastic did you use in bathroom. I want to renew my seal near toilet/ shower. To narrow / squashed to fit mastic gun. Brian
The mastic we used was just normal white silicon bathroom sealant and I just used the usual type of sealant gun, so if you don't have enough room to use one I am not sure what I can suggest. I'll find out which parking sensors my other half put in and will put them on here.

Search for this box on Amazon. It fits my C260 cassette.
Somine Collapsible Storage Box (52 Liter) Foldable Utility Bin

Box comes with waterproof liner and lid. As you can see, the cassette fits perfectly, but, there is a lip all round the inside at the top that the liner frame slots into, I had to cut 2 small sections back so the widest bit of the cassette( near the filler) fitted. You can see this in the empty box pic.
Are they the ones labelled 52 litre? I use a Really Useful 48 litre box, which has room to spare for the grey waste drain hose. Perhaps your cassette is bigger. Or maybe you bought the 28 litre size.

Last edited:
Are they the ones labelled 52 litre? I use a Really Useful 48 litre box, which has room to spare for the grey waste drain hose. Perhaps your cassette is bigger. Or maybe you bought the 28 litre size.
Yes, we bought the 52 litre. The cassette fits in there with only a couple of cm spare on the length and a snug fit on the width. Hopefully, there will be no sloshing about.....🤢

Lizzyp. What type parking sensors. And what mastic did you use in bathroom. I want to renew my seal near toilet/ shower. To narrow / squashed to fit mastic gun. Brian
The parking sensors my OH put in are: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07R5YPD1Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Interesting. I like the Really Useful box range and I think I have a couple of 48L ones (full of CDs and DVDs). I'll check that for size before buying another box :)

Transferred all of our kit from the old van to our new one having just getting it back from having a service and cam belt change. A piece of mind action.

Murky had it's MOT this afternoon. New Virus protection in place :( Two young lads doing the test, I held back and didn't mention that it was older than them. So sat in the plastic chair provided I tried to observe as well as I could. Very thorough they were too. Though I expect most of it was a history lesson to them. Low and hold it passed without having to hand over the £250 in cash ;)

Fitted a new under tray which had 2/3 missing. Purchased from a crowd in Poland full kit was less than a single genuine piece from Fiat , perfect fit and all fixings were included including the riv nuts or avdels as i know them. Hopefully this will help keep road noise and some of the drafts down. The engine runs cool so not too worried about heating issues especially in bonny Scotland.20200915_085457.jpg20200915_160335.jpg20200915_160306.jpg

Washed the outside and put all the bedding and seat throws back in.
all ready for next trip it next Wednesday after hospital appointment.

Continued the readying for Kelso, bedding loaded, watered up. Looking like good weather, it will be great to meet old friends and perhaps make some new ones.

Took the van in for its first service today. It’s going to cost me €460.33 but I have a €50 voucher so it brings it down a little. (€410.33 or about £360)
Our last vans first service in the UK ( Peugeot in 2016) cost me around £400 and one of their mechanics his job! ( dash cams are very useful!).

Back