What did you do to your van today?

Service and MOT
Just waiting to see what the unanticipated additional costs are.

I sealed around the fridge with some clear mastic. I had previously done it but on our last trip the other week, I noticed a draught coming in from one corner.

Reactions: 2cv
Fired up the fridge freezer on gas today, it hasn't been used for over 6 weeks now so I thought I would run it for10 minutes , no problem it lit on first try [ Automatic } seek , I then ran it on mains for a few minutes , all ok, I also ran the water pump for a minute, no water in the system but it ran OK, Taps spluttered a bit but no water came out as system drained as far as possible.

Reactions: 2cv
Well that's it done.
The Camper has been delivered to the spray shop this morning.
This is the hard part waiting to see the result.

I bought ours a new tyre inflator.

I did a comparison between the Ring RAC900 (motorhome owners perennial favourite) and the T-Max HD compressor. The Ring typically is around £20 more than the T-Max...typically around £95-105 to the T-Max at £75 plus.

The Ring has a longer hose at 7m compared to the T-Max at 5m and is a little smaller and lighter.

I looked at the prices for a while on both but couldn't get a better Black Friday deal anywhere today.

I went for the Ring in the end with fingers crossed that I'll never need to use it on my own MH!

I bought ours a new tyre inflator.

I did a comparison between the Ring RAC900 (motorhome owners perennial favourite) and the T-Max HD compressor. The Ring typically is around £20 more than the T-Max...typically around £95-105 to the T-Max at £75 plus.

The Ring has a longer hose at 7m compared to the T-Max at 5m and is a little smaller and lighter.

I looked at the prices for a while on both but couldn't get a better Black Friday deal anywhere today.

I went for the Ring in the end with fingers crossed that I'll never need to use it on my own MH!
Good choice :) long enough to use the starter battery for power in the front left corner and easily reach the rear right tyre on a 6.5M van :)

I find drilling holes in the van very scary! This one was a 102mm, a big hole if it all goes wrong.

So after a number of measures and remeasures I got up the courage, drilled the hole and mopped my brow.
IMG_20201127_112823.jpg

Then four 3mm holes, a smudge of sealant and the TV / Satellite / 12volt was fitted. Our Roller Team has fibreglass skins inside and out with a polystyrene filling, not sure if I really like.
IMG_20201127_131605.jpg
It all looks ok so hopefully I can sleep well tonight.

Collected the van from converters who were replacing the worktop. The surface had delaminated due to a leak from the turbo vent which had been sorted in Jan 2020 but didn't realise it had dripped for months onto the worktop. As the van was standing in Portugal and not used, it had dried out but top had rotted underneath. Found a wet "lip" above the door and worked out what was going on. They put it right for nowt as the vent leak was from the original conversion.

Fitted fans to habitation area. As bought, these were a bit fast and noisy so added a PWM speed controller (£3.33 delivered from China, how can they do it for that price?).
1D242588-7D58-453B-AA45-A22E81BEBFF1.jpeg
3BCEFAF8-694B-4B9D-B7E6-557A77321616.jpeg
With the speed controller they can be set from barely turning though to full speed.

Roll on summer :D;)

Yesterday I went and bought a full set of hubs/wheel bearings not cheap but as we've made our and I add our minds up to keep the van was thinking on goung back to A class so bit the bullet and got full assys
so thats bremvo pads and discs all round and sky hubs all round
also got full set o filters and oil but when I checked my miles/use -------sugar this is the least miles I've done in a van for YEARS
VAN IS AT 46k happy with it so hence keeping her

Did a recce this afternoon not in the van but to go out in the van.
Headed over to Duns and down through Longformacus up to Abbey St Bathans then back down into Duns only one suitable spot for a 9mtr van so looks likely a wee run oot to the Yarrow Valley next week.

Back