What did you do to your van today?

Into the garage at 0830hrs this morning for a new starter (sticky). Started first time of course. Hopefully they've managed to source the correct part and the costs aren't too high. Deliberated on whether to hold off until the spring but prefer the van to be fully serviceable.

As the C&MC club have cancelled our booking in Cirencester as it is not essential travel (we live in Wales where that rule exists apparently although it did take some searching to find it), I have drained down our fresh water tank as we won't be using the MH until January when we hope to go to Spain....

hmmm...we'll see!

Roller Team T590 so draughty.

The other night while camping out on the drive there was a cold breeze coming up through the step between the cab a habitation unit. The more I look at our Roller Team the more I weep at the poor build quality.

I had read about a vent which is from the van build and a look underneath at the base of the B pillar showed that the driver's side has a blank.
IMG_20201201_140857.jpg
The passenger side has flaps.
IMG_20201201_141157.jpg
You can see in these two images fresh sealant. I had removed the internal trim at the base of the B pillar for another project and could see the ground below. The monkeys at the factory had used plenty of sealant just not in the right place leaving two holes either side in the Fiat part big enough the stick a finger in.
Having sealed those up as shown I set about 3D printing a blank the seal over the flaps. Fiat do sell the blanks but I'm isolating 😆.
Here is the blank.
IMG_20201201_140618.jpg
And here it is fixed with Soudal Fixall, luckily nobody else will see it 😉
IMG_20201201_142434.jpg
Just need to spend another night in the van drinking wine and tracking down more draughts.

The other night while camping out on the drive there was a cold breeze coming up through the step between the cab a habitation unit. The more I look at our Roller Team the more I weep at the poor build quality.

I had read about a vent which is from the van build and a look underneath at the base of the B pillar showed that the driver's side has a blank.
View attachment 57686
View attachment 57687
You can see in these two images fresh sealant. I had removed the internal trim at the base of the B pillar for another project and could see the ground below. The monkeys at the factory had used plenty of sealant just not in the right place leaving two holes either side in the Fiat part big enough the stick a finger in.
Having sealed those up as shown I set about 3D printing a blank the seal over the flaps. Fiat do sell the blanks but I'm isolating 😆.
Here is the blank.
View attachment 57688
View attachment 57689
Just need to spend another night in the van drinking wine and tracking down more draughts.
Sounds like a good plan to me especially the wine drinking lololol.

Realised it’s five years since I bought it and had the cam belt changed . Something I did not knowing it’s previous last change.
Checked the hand book and it says every 100K....or five years.
I’ve only done 40K....but will book it in ASAP for a new belt.
Better safe than sorry.

Reactions: Lee

View attachment 57686
View attachment 57687
Here is the blank.
View attachment 57688
View attachment 57689
I can confirm that the draughts have been reduced to near zero. The testing took place while consuming Portuguese wine.

There may be still a slight draught around the driver's side B pillar, or is it cold convection currents?

Also while driving the van did seem quieter which I guess is to be expected.

Repaired a drawer that the dog clattered Into and broke.
The damage was only a couple of plastic clips that attached the runners on the drawer to the carcass runners and prevented the drawer falling out. Contacted the uk drawer importer and as usual you cannot just buy the plastic clips and I would have had to buy 2 new complete drawer sides @ £45.00 plus carriage, what a joke !

Booked it in for it‘s very first MoT. Doesn’t time fly when you’re having fun as it only seems a short while ago that we picked up the brand spanking new motorhome!

Our ladt mot done at first lockdown ,hardly used since then ,hope to get away next weekend depending if restrictions get lifted
motd April during lockdown soon be round again 😩

Our ladt mot done at first lockdown ,hardly used since then ,hope to get away next weekend depending if restrictions get lifted
motd April during lockdown soon be round again 😩
Even if you don’t get the restrictions lifted can you not travel within your own level 4 area? You’ve got some great spots down there for overnighting.
I reckon we’re heading for level 3 soon as Aberdeenshire figures are spiralling. Don’t know how we managed to stay in 2 last time round.

Even if you don’t get the restrictions lifted can you not travel within your own level 4 area? You’ve got some great spots down there for overnighting.
I reckon we’re heading for level 3 soon as Aberdeenshire figures are spiralling. Don’t know how we managed to stay in 2 last time round.
Tbh Tony we would rather not head out till things are better in one way or other theres reason along the way
hope you guys stay safe n well

I drove our moho for the first time in a month to fill up with LPG, should last us till new year now! Using 1.16L of gas a day (75p) for cooking, fridge, hot water & daytime heating (night time on EHU.)

Back