What did you do to your van today?

Finally finished my water heater installation. Iā€™ve been waiting for an SSR to be delivered and now itā€™s here I have wired it all up and got everything working.

The water heater is an Elgena 220vac/660w which is fed from my inverter via the above mentioned SSR which in turn is controlled by the relay on the battery monitor.

I turned the setup on at 11:00 and the heater took approx 10 minutes to reach temperature and turn off with the thermostat. To do a more ā€œreal worldā€ test I also turned on the fridge (also 220v fed from the inverter). At 11:15 the SOC on the battery monitor was 95.4%. I took Oscar for his walk and checked the van on my return at 12:00 to find the SOC AT 100% so Iā€™m happy with that, especially as it was slightly overcast at this time.

Iā€™ll leave both the fridge and heater running for the next couple of days to see how it works out on just solar.

Brought it put of garage & back to the storage at my dads place. 4 new tyres fitted but waiting for parts now. Booked back in next weds for rear discs & pads fitting.

New MOT today. It failed .... but I knew it would and had arranged a service and brake check when I booked it in. The brakes have been stripped, cleaned and the handbrake adjusted up (only a couple of notches now instead of about 7 or 8).

Took out my 3-Way fridge to put on its head yesterday and fitted a 240V Compressor Fridge as a temporary fitment whilst deciding what to do long-term.
Domestic Fridges need some kind of lock added to stop the door opening around corners so today made up a lock from some old plastic and a few bolts ...

Well my new spare wheel and tyre can today .A mate of mine is going to sandblast the mounting brackets for me hopefully Iā€™ll get it all put back together next week Ā£139.95 for wheel and tyre and itā€™s rated at 121/120 so good enough for a spare EE755BBD-B2A3-4D6F-BA45-099F5FFAC7FC.jpegimage.jpg:I

New MOT today. It failed .... but I knew it would and had arranged a service and brake check when I booked it in. The brakes have been stripped, cleaned and the handbrake adjusted up (only a couple of notches now instead of about 7 or 8).
Mine was the same Jim lol

I watched it melt in the sun.

Just ordered a fiamma turbo roof vent 400 x 400 so there will be a fiamma roof vent up for sale as soon as I get the new one fitted itā€™s in mint condition so first Ā£20 quid gets it .

Washed the bugs off the windscreen prior to going home, and decided to extend our trip by a couple of days as the weather has brightened up! Staying now on North Norfolk coast and, maybe...go back Monday.

Still rebuilding Murky, I found another brake pipe I inadvertently split whilst replace the brake hose. Mercedes will have one in the morning for me. Someone is going to get a very good deal when it goes up for sale.

New inverter fitted now.IMG_20210716_195033.jpg
This one has a terminal block to hardwire the double socket
IMG_20210716_195043.jpg
Better display too, showing my fridge pulling 0.5amps when it kicks in.IMG_20210716_195054.jpg
Fridge is now ice cold & batteries are still up so a winner all-round....

Reactions: 2cv
Back