What did you do to your van today?

Mendid a Polyplastic window which Liz broke last week.

Linky to pictures, I went a bit over the top as I hadn't considered that I only needed to accommodate a side loading on the repair, but I used 27 x 50mm wood and Gorilla glue. so it isn't going to go anywhere.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but if it was just down to graphics these are mine and it still came back as a van with windows -

IMG_0512.jpeg

To be fair I'm sure if asked by the police for descriptions of the two vehicles here, the general public would say something like "Hmm, well one was a definitely motorhome but the other, well I'm not sure it looked more like a van. Perhaps a van with windows!".

Maybe modern ones but my 2004 Bessacarr has a frosted window.
Something which surprises me a little is the bathroom windows in Motorhomes are always clear and not frosted in any way.

So added a covering to address that ...
View attachment 59749

Sheet not wide enough to do in one peice, and unfortunately couldn't line up the pattern to match without ending up with having 3 pieces - and the 3rd piece wouldn't line up anyway, so just had to make the best of it.
Looks nice I think and allows good light in whilst providing privacy.

Sorry to be a killjoy, but if it was just down to graphics these are mine and it still came back as a van with windows -

View attachment 60182

To be fair I'm sure if asked by the police for descriptions of the two vehicles here, the general public would say something like "Hmm, well one was a definitely motorhome but the other, well I'm not sure it looked more like a van. Perhaps a van with windows!".
Isn't that a delivery van in front of you then? ;)

View attachment 60182

Gotta be honest, I don't care either way. I'm only trying again cos my insurance co says I've got to try & get it reclassified otherwise I'm not bothered what the logbook says as long as I can use it....

We have picked up the new to us tow car. At last. Donald checked oil in motorhome and half the dip stick broke off! Between having to get top half offensive rebuilt, New turbo in last week, now this. Grrrr hope that's the end to all these troubles! Otherwise, having a nice time down south.

Yesterday I moved the MH on the drive so I was able to wind out the awning. I then gave that a good clean on its underside where it had crapped up since the last clean. The whole beastie then got a wash and, as I had the step ladder out anyway to do the awning, I cleaned all the seams and joins with a soft toothbrush to get all the crud/green algae out of them.

It looks lovely now ready for our trip away on Wednesday.

Your version is going to be so much easier to clean. I like your solution, especially if the utensil rack is removable. 👍

Shortly before heading to the Kelso meet, finally got round to fitting my external electric connections⚡⚡

240V AC with a 16A MK Socket located behind the rear wheel arch. (y)
1625999849014.png
Don't expect to use this very much (fitted one on the Dakatari Safari Campervan and only used a few times) but when you need an external Mains it is handy :)
Supplied via a 10A Dedicated MCB on the EasyPlus and will work on both EHU and off Inverter. Can use with the odd power tool if doing some work on/by the van, and when camping run a lead to things like an portable Induction Hob for cooking under the awning without having a trip-hazard cable running out the hab door.

And at the rear, fitted a couple of ports ...
1626000274846.png

The one on the right is a standard 12V Accessory Socket that is supplied by the LOAD output of a Victron 100/20 MPPT Controller. This limits the output to 20A (which is enough for any likely accessories, especially as the current limit for these type of sockets tends to be around 10-20A anyway) and also allows me to disable the output via the Victron VE.Connect Smartphone App.

The one on the left with the cable attached is a flush-mount SAE Connector (https://amzn.to/3xy7oHF) that goes to the PV Input on the Victron MPPT Controller for use with a portable panel to supplement the Roof Panel.
1626000483637.png
(I might make an extension lead for the panel to allow extra flexibility for positioning if say parked under shade. Simple enough to do with some cable and a pair of 50A Anderson Plugs (y))

This wiring addition just about finalises the Electrics installation on the Autotrail with just one special design item remaining to finish off the Hybrid LiFePO4/Lead-Carbon battery bank installation :)

Your version is going to be so much easier to clean. I like your solution, especially if the utensil rack is removable. 👍
It‘s not a utensil rack, it holds the chopping boards and I’m afraid it’s not removable. The main driver for the change was the piddly little burners, also too close together to get all but the smallest pans on. I think we will be much better off with two decent size/power burners.

Back