What did you do to your van today?

Rather less interestingly I sharpened our awning rock pegs using my bench grinder.

10 minute job but worth doing periodically.

It‘s not a utensil rack, it holds the chopping boards and I’m afraid it’s not removable. The main driver for the change was the piddly little burners, also too close together to get all but the smallest pans on. I think we will be much better off with two decent size/power burners.
We chose our hob and sink for exactly the same reason. Can't get three pans on those jobs safely anyway. Much easier to clean and the sink is 100% better (although ours is smaller.) Did find the hob covers ( the discs) came off if we went over bumpy ground but sorted that with a heavy wood chopping board which slots onto the hob and stays in place perfectlyP_20190703_161410_1_p.jpg

We chose our hob and sink for exactly the same reason. Can't get three pans on those jobs safely anyway. Much easier to clean and the sink is 100% better (although ours is smaller.) Did find the hob covers ( the discs) came off if we went over bumpy ground but sorted that with a heavy wood chopping board which slots onto the hob and stays in place perfectlyView attachment 60258
When I did mine I use this sink and hob FE56354E-0CD5-40ED-ADDA-57DD09D4243C.jpeg112EB8D4-DAEE-4F34-852D-A59BE8CAE76A.jpeg

Took it into my landlord's service station this morning for rear brake service & 4 new tyres on back axle. Going back in when he's quiet for front tyres & brake service....

I put the curtains and nets back in the van that I washed on Monday, I cleaned the blind surrounds too, it's amazing how mucky some people let their vans get.

Checked the tyre pressures ,Oil and water , brake fluid power steering oil levels etc, filled the water tank, stuffed the wardrobe and cupboards , put the fridge freezer on mains ready for the off tomorrow, Bury st Edmonds sugar factory CCC week end meet ,then on to a CL site for 3 nights at DISS , then up to Norfolk coast for a months wander using the CCC THS sites all over , looking forward to some Cromer Crab. , weather forecast looking good, would prefer to be going to France but hey ho it is what it is .

Back