What did you do to your van today?

It was mainly the width that appealed to me, I have a 4ft double bed fitted crossways at the back, with a 12inch walkway round it.(saves the o/h having to climb over me in the night!😉)

Booked it onto Pentland Ferry in a couple of weeks time and booked first night at Kirkwall Bay campsite as they ask you to have a firm booking on an official campsite before travelling. We have previously wild camped on Orkney but not sure if that's possible this year. I gave up trying to get a sensible route planned through Harris and Lewis and the uists so Orkney it is, not second best by any means either.
Anyone wild camped there recently or know of smaller sites perhaps? We stayed on a small site at Evie a couple of years ago but it's closed for this year...
Our first trip out since October 2019 so really looking forward to it.
K ;)

So I decided to check the spare wheel and found the carrier totally seized. It was always a bit cranky in operation but has given up altogether. Had to cut the lift bolt end off with a cutting disc to drop the wheel.
Seems like a few on ebay for around the £70 mark but it makes me wonder why they have been removed... is there a better mechanism out there being used as a replacement?
Wheel sits comfortably in the boot in plastic bags at the moment and everything else normally carries squeezes in ok too so no panic to get replacement before my Orkney trip...
K ;)

Fitted a small gutter to the rear to direct the rain away, the water would drip from the burstner logo thingy at high level and drip on the back bumper which would resonate through the van for an hour or so after the rain had stopped. I made and fitted this after the Kelso meet but this is the first rain we have had since....and it works.🙃View attachment 6055220210728_090923.jpg20210728_090816.jpg

Murky's bog out nearly complete after extensive repairs and upgrade since our northern experience. Anita now doing the final touches before it goes home ready for the southern adventure in the Morning.

Arranged with the local garage to fit 4 new tyres (Michelin Agilis Camper after considering the options). Unfortunately forgot to unplug the hook up that keeps the batteries topped up before leaving home so the cable ripped out of the MH socket with an almighty bang and tripped the house RCD. Only found out when returning home to find the hookup lying on the drive and no power at home. The socket is not repairable so a new one is on order which will be the next job!

Back