What did you do to your van today?

Checked fridge / freezer as filled last night as heading to the lakes today. Found the ehu from garage had tripped and hadn’t set fridge on auto which would have saved the day. 😤😤😤
Fortunately only had to bin a pack of raw chicken and some frozen chips.
Asked son to sort it out this weekend so should be sorted on my return home on Monday.
Now parked up on a CS site between Keswick and Penrith. Hard standing, EHU and water on each pitch, great views and all for £8.00 a night.

Could you not have cooked the chicken tonight?

Drove it from North Berwick to Ruby Bay in bright sunshine. Pint at the Ship Inn and back to van. About ten Van's here tonight but plenty space.
So three days out and we are still only about 4 hours from home as crow flies. Nice pace.
K ;)

I noticed that the left rear tyre looked a little soft and on checking it was at 29 psi. A nearby tyre depot quickly found that the wheel itself was the leak so now on the spare. On return I plan to replace the wheels as this is the second one to leak in the past couple of months so 10 years appears to be their life expectancy. I also plan to replace three tyres as they are 2016 and earlier.

May just need powder coating or if Trev reads it blooter it wae sand and twa pack paint. This will give the inner rim a smother surface to seal unless there is a crack in the rim. 4 wheels around about £300.
Before and after.
20191203_081740.jpg20191219_132104.jpg

May just need powder coating or if Trev reads it blooter it wae sand and twa pack paint. This will give the inner rim a smother surface to seal unless there is a crack in the rim. 4 wheels around about £300.
Before and after.
View attachment 60659View attachment 60660

Mine are just steel and the leaks have been due to corrosion on the inside. Relatively cheap to replace at about £80 a wheel.

You can also get lots of different shades of Anthracite/Gun Metal by adding diffrent quantities of Silver or Black :)

As aa colour for Wheels, I reckon it is generally one of the most classiest of finishes (y)

One of our vans soft close kitchen drawers had stopped closing properly. There are two sprung plastic lugs that fit into the steel runners under the drawer and one had rounded off meaning the runner was not pulling the drawer closed.
So, a few minutes with the drill and now there are two hidden screws holding the drawer onto both runners and the drawer soft closes by itself again.

Back