What did you do to your van today?

We were fortunate our moho came with two cassettes, only ever had to use the second one a couple of times but wouldn’t be without it. Takes up a bit of storage space but weighs nothing when its empty.😀

fixed bed, well almost, many of you know we down sized to a van conversion 6 years ago, at first it felt so small but we soon got used to it and for us it was a good move ,to be able to go into a town and park reasonably easy is great. Over the years we have done lots of things to the van, nothing costing a fortune its amazing what you can do with a few rolls of sticky back plastic and the skills you learnt from watching Blue Peter. Time has now caught up with me and making up the bed every night is a problem especially in a confined space. A fixed bed is something I have always thought a waste of space , space that could have been put to better use making the kitchen areas better with work tops to name one thing. So time to alter the van so we have a semi fixed bed. All the cushions are now residing in our loft and a new piece of high density foam has taken their place so comfy not having cushion joins, no making up now every night but the foam bends so can still get into the storage areas under it. At the front of the van we now have what the salesmen call a dinette area, the two seats revolve and I have made a small removable table for eating so looking forward now to travelling and not having to make the bed up every night and having the back doors open and having a siesta in the sunshine. A few pictures to show what we have done.

2105969.jpgWP_20190207_10_00_58_Rich.jpgWP_20190212_11_47_04_Pro.jpgIMG_4180.JPGIMG_4186.JPG

Yesterday I got the ladder out and started cleaning the roof of my MH. Whilst we were away last week, we sprung a leak so I started the investigation yesterday as to where it came from. I normally give the roof a clean at least once a year so it wasn't too bad however this time I cleaned all the seams/joins with a toothbrush as well as cleaning the main areas.

I couldn't find anything obvious on the side where the water was coming in however I couldn't do the other side as the mizzle was too bad and I was getting soaked!

I'll get up there and finish before Monday as I've booked the MH into the dealers for them to have a look. At least they will have a clean roof to work on.

I just managed to finish cleaning the roof of my MH as the rain relented. Its squeaky up there now but no obvious sign of where water has got in.

Are you down sizing ?
Yes, eldest moved closer to his work and two sons now at uni then it's a fight with Niamh every time we go away as she does not want to go. I love the space but still feel a 4 berth is cramped for us will see what happens. Love the layout of the Mobilvetta k yacht 80 which would give us the space as both beds rise to the roof.

Found a diesel leak from the fuel tank, took it to my local garage for inspection. Appears to be coming from around the top half so needs to be taken out to find the problem. If a new tank is required £900 ouch.

Moved a hanging rail that was previously over the cooker. Now it is at the opposite side over the table. It was in the way & collected fat deposits when cooking, now its cleaned & resited its much better plus I can get to clean the window above the cooker now.....16354392619161931119487.jpg16354393115571071987935.jpg

We’re off to our local horticultural society quiz night tomorrow in Banchory. it’s a very boozy affair and past experience tells us it’s easier to stagger 1/2 mile along a main road back to our local caravan site than 2 miles along a dark country lane to get home. So today the van has been stocked with booze and a good Saturday morning fry up breakfast ready for the long trip (about 2 1/2 miles) to Banchory Silverbank site tomorrow!!

Back