What did you do to your van today?

A dehumidifier does not suck air in it only recirculates air in the room or van extracting any excess moisture. I am lucky as my van is parked in a workshop so run a dehumidifier for a day to remove the excess from the interior then rely on the natural ventilation from the vents etc. This year it will be off the road for two months then head out again in March. Once the daffodils pop out it’s time to crank her up again.
I use then weekly to dry rooms out and I can tell you if rooms not sealed .every night in ventilated room more cold damp air will get

Mite as well stick it in the garden.
L

Took ehu off ,secured all inside closed cupboards and then gonna take van a run as it ain't moved in ages
will fill up with gas
was gonna head to south queensferry but it's blinking heavy fog
will head round to my grandson as he wants us to see his Xmas tree

cancelled felt not well 😩

Last edited:
Yesterday I repacked the awning which had been drying in the garage at home and put it back in the MH. We are supposed to be going to Spain on 11th January but looking increasingly unlikely.

Glad I drained down the other day when we got back on Thursday as we had a sharp frost last night,

I've just let the grandson come out after isolation, the dreaded virus.
The boredom being in the van was much worse than the effects of the virus.
Now hopefully we can get on with Christmas and Linda's birthday.

We had to cut our trip to Barnard Castle short as the fridge packed up and the valve on the toilet cassette fell off :). I'm pretty sure the fridge problem is electrical as there are no light on, so I've been tracing electrical circuits today. Fuses seem to be OK but I changed them anyway. I can't do much more without removing the fridge and as we are away for one night over New Year, I've deferred extra digging until then.
Gareth

We had to cut our trip to Barnard Castle short as the fridge packed up and the valve on the toilet cassette fell off :). I'm pretty sure the fridge problem is electrical as there are no light on, so I've been tracing electrical circuits today. Fuses seem to be OK but I changed them anyway. I can't do much more without removing the fridge and as we are away for one night over New Year, I've deferred extra digging until then.
Gareth
Without wanting to state the bleeding obvious, is there a thermostat inside the fridge that could be set to off?
Just thinking back to my last fridge where I would turn the dial accidentally as I took little baskets out the fridge and change the setting - and a couple of times did actually turn the fridge off entirely! (fixed the issue by taping the dial in position with duct tape so it wouldn't move so freely)

Gareth
I had a few issues with our fridge and I removed the exterior vents and cleaned the electrical connectors made sure they were all pushed hard together and bingo never had a bit trouble since 18 months gone now
Hope this may be of assistance to you

I had a few issues with our fridge and I removed the exterior vents and cleaned the electrical connectors made sure they were all pushed hard together and bingo never had a bit trouble since 18 months gone now
Hope this may be of assistance to you
Thanks. I'll probably start there.

No sooner had I got the van fully prepared for a New Year away in Findhorn that we got a call telling us Sue’s father in Preston was pretty ill and we decided to get down there sharpish in the car as we’ll need to have a car there to do a bit of running around. So van unpacked and drained down again and sitting looking sorry for itself unused in the garden. C’est la vie and family comes first.

I plugged mine into the mains as it hasn't been used for a few weeks now and given the covid uncertainty I am not sure when we will be away next (all being well it'll be on the 11th to Spain but I can't see us going as things currently are)

Back