What did you do to your van today?

Left the van at the garage for the highly recommended autoelectrician to try and track down our parasitic loss on the van battery..🙏🙏🙏🙏
unfortunately the poor man has his arm in a sling following surgery so he reckons he will talk a colleague through what needs to be done if it is necessary to use two hands!

Left the van at the garage for the highly recommended autoelectrician to try and track down our parasitic loss on the van battery..🙏🙏🙏🙏
unfortunately the poor man has his arm in a sling following surgery so he reckons he will talk a colleague through what needs to be done if it is necessary to use two hands!
Things like that can be very time consuming and hard to find.

Wnt out to find brake flued on the drive and inside of back tyre, yep w cyl busted, so off with the 2 rear wheels, half shaft out and spec tools to remove the hub which is torqued up, this is because the brake drum is on the inside of the hub/drive unit on older Iveco busses.
New cyc in and tomorrow will be building up day & bleed if the weather holds.
Sounds like a lot of work Trev .

Arrived at Chester Fairoaks for a couple of days.....got to keep her indoors happy trundling round the Retail Shops at the Oaks.

Things like that can be very time consuming and hard to find.
I know😵😵 cost us £180 but traced it to the alarm which now is disconnected. The draw is reduced to 0.008 from 0.2 ( the numbers mean nothing to me but sounds less!) We can reconnect the alarm when the van is left anywhere risky. But having identified the problem, we can deal with it. Can't understand it at all as new base van in 2018 with no modifications to the electrics, but they are meant to be used continually, I suppose. It drains after a week to ten days left standing.

Yes my debit card is in the freezer cooling down. 😂🤣😂🤣
My Credit Card Statement had a rather pointed message in the wee box where they try to sell you other Bank services and products, Annie. 'Steve. the economic recovery plan is intended to be a UK-wide effort, not a One Man Show' I can take a hint [despite what Elaine says ... 'You still here?'] :oops:

Steve

MOT Test booked for 6th December ao decided to take Brunhilde for a short [just shy of 22 miles] run to check that things like brakes hadn't seized whilst parked up. Only visible problem is the Analogue Gauges on the Burstner LT 96 Control Panel appear to have stuck but not a Test item and the Ablemail/Victron/KS Energy Apps give SOC etc via Bluetooth on the Phone. One of the bonuses compared to last Autumn & Winter is that the 12v system has retained its Settings, instead of losing them after about 10 days; think this is due to using the Lithium Leisure Battery to test the Inverter, and to run the Water Pump during the Tank Sterilisation and Hot Water Descaling exercises etc to keep the Battery from going into its deep coma mode by having some work to do

Steve

MOT Test booked for 6th December ao decided to take Brunhilde for a short [just shy of 22 miles] run to check that things like brakes hadn't seized whilst parked up. Only visible problem is the Analogue Gauges on the Burstner LT 96 Control Panel appear to have stuck but not a Test item and the Ablemail/Victron/KS Energy Apps give SOC etc via Bluetooth on the Phone. One of the bonuses compared to last Autumn & Winter is that the 12v system has retained its Settings, instead of losing them after about 10 days; think this is due to using the Lithium Leisure Battery to test the Inverter, and to run the Water Pump during the Tank Sterilisation and Hot Water Descaling exercises etc to keep the Battery from going into its deep coma mode by having some work to do

Steve
Did you ever get anywhere with KS Energy about the sleepy battery?

Sold some stuff to someone who is running a 300Ah Roamer battery and he is having lots of different hassles with that. So many Lithium batteries out there which just do not do what they are meant to :(

Did you ever get anywhere with KS Energy about the sleepy battery?

Sold some stuff to someone who is running a 300Ah Roamer battery and he is having lots of different hassles with that. So many Lithium batteries out there which just do not do what they are meant to :(
No, David, KS Energy just ignored my emails. If/when I need to upgrade or replace. I'll choose a competitior brand, possibly Alpha Battery. The Frogstar seems to be a longer and higher casing and will probably be too large to fit into the battery cupboard, when the time comes, I'll be seeking your advice! In the meantime, leaving the KS Energy battery with a workload seems to be working OK, although today's trip may send it to comatose state! If it stops hissing down, I'll run the inverter for a wee while and get the LB back to work!

Steve

All sorted, w cyl in and, then big shoes and holding clips, hub on 90mm socket and a 5 ft torque bar to 361 lbf to do up the hub as its a compression unit, lock bolt inserted, half shaft in and hub oiled up, then the bleeding and adjustment, what a job, sorted and rd tested. :)
View attachment 65131
Well done Trev. The only thing I would have done differently is to stick the road wheel underneath to stop the axle falling on my head. I know you are well experienced and thorough, and I bet you did. 👍

Well done Trev. The only thing I would have done differently is to stick the road wheel underneath to stop the axle falling on my head. I know you are well experienced and thorough, and I bet you did. 👍
I always whack the wheel underneath if the only thing was a jack OR a stand (and sometimes even when both present). You can easily get another wheel but harder to find a head shop.

Back