What did you do to your van today?

I always whack the wheel underneath if the only thing was a jack OR a stand (and sometimes even when both present). You can easily get another wheel but harder to find a head shop.
When im working on cars i put 2 wheels under the floor/sill, cant do that on a single skin van, there are points to make safe, axle/chassis etc. (y)

Blooming either large fingers or autocorrect.
🙃🙂

Removed all the bits of loose kit we've been playing with over the last 2 months or so after changed layout tweaks, in preparation for tomorrow's MOT Test. This includes taping a note to the Steering Wheel 'Close Fridge Door' so that I don't just jump into the Cab and drive off, only realising the error of my ways at the traffic island :oops:

And to think that I used to tell my Grandma, and later, my mother, that they were not safe to be let out ...

Steve

It must be national Mot time, I took ours out for a short drive just clean off the discs before it goes to the garage for a service and Mot tomorrow.
I'm cheating, Lee, and getting both car and M/Home MOT'd 2-3 months early to move the Test dates to before we clear off for Winter, rather than panic about getting back to Scotland in February before expiry dates. I left a just over clear month in 2020 for the car MOT at the end of February; then I had a heart attack in Spain late January, with an automatic 1 month prohibition on driving [and Elaine doesn't drive]. I had to drive for longer each day than was sensible, and I wasn't prepared for how tired I was, especially after getting weight off and getting fitter before we left for Spain! Not an experience I would be in any rush to repeat :rolleyes:

Steve

It must be national Mot time, I took ours out for a short drive just clean off the discs before it goes to the garage for a service and Mot tomorrow.
I guess you benefited same as me from the Covid 6-month MOT extension? Worked out well with the MOT now due after any probable use out the way rather than right in the middle of the camping season :)

I guess you benefited same as me from the Covid 6-month MOT extension? Worked out well with the MOT now due after any probable use out the way rather than right in the middle of the camping season :)

I'm afraid no the 6 month didn't have an effect on us, in fact we had to move the MOT to January from March as we are away early in the year, this was the second time we have had to do it as the last van was March aswell, we don't intend changing again but if we do may be we need to check when the MOT is due.

I'm afraid no the 6 month didn't have an effect on us, in fact we had to move the MOT to January from March as we are away early in the year, this was the second time we have had to do it as the last van was March aswell, we don't intend changing again but if we do may be we need to check when the MOT is due.
Ah. That is a pain.
They annouced the 6 month extension just as I took my car for its first MOT on 28th March (due on 30th March) - but as first one, thought best to have done anyway to make sure all was ok.

Reactions: Lee
My mot is up on the 16th and they have not bothered sending me the letter to book it, they done this last year too, got my car one 2 weeks back but they say no spaces to mid feb unless I ph in for a cancelation, no mission as they sent me a form as not to get done by the ecilop.

Drained down water and boiler ready for the cold snap next week.
Knee replacement Friday so van will not move for couple of months.
I will just look at it from the window..lol

Back