What did you do to your van today?

I needed to get two new rear lights and hi level brake light for the van £142.35p

The stop and tail lights were all tarnished and rusty and packed up twice while we were away, Halfords got them going for us twice & the hi level brake light has had a hole in it since we bought the van so needed doing, it's 15 years old so they've not done too bad although we've had older van with no issues.

Ventured inside to get the screwdriver and Fatmax Stanley Knife to free the Dining Room light switch from n decades of accumulated emulsion, and to fit the Dimmer Switch that the Contractors forgot to tell the electrician to do yesterday. That was relatively straightforward, but deciphering the instructions to PROGRAM the switch [seriously] was a nightmare. 'Error & Trial' process [that is the right order ...] until what I did matched the quaintly worded instructions. Not sure who is dimmer, the switch or me ... :D Bright as a glow worm's armpit ...

Steve

Just went down to check the VB and it was down to 11.8v it's been standing since 18th February with no input, so I put the van on EHU and plugged in the Ctek charger, I've set the timer to come on from 10 pm until 2 am, will that be enough for it to sort itself out and give a bit of charge?

The LB was at 13.8v so the panel is doing really well considering it's only 85w and it's not even spring yet, although the Crocuses and daffies are up and out. shame it's not sending anything to the VB.

Just went down to check the VB and it was down to 11.8v it's been standing since 18th February with no input, so I put the van on EHU and plugged in the Ctek charger, I've set the timer to come on from 10 pm until 2 am, will that be enough for it to sort itself out and give a bit of charge?

The LB was at 13.8v so the panel is doing really well considering it's only 85w and it's not even spring yet, although the Crocuses and daffies are up and out. shame it's not sending anything to the VB.
Get yourself an Ablemail AMT12-2 from David at Wildebus, Kev. It does exactly that, and I have left mine on constant pulse [9 seconds out of every 10] throughout Winter, resulting in the LB sitting at 13.63v [and on Float] at 1000 this morning, whilst the VB was 13.41v, pulsing to 13.45v at each 10 seconds interval

Steve

Simple switch and a length of wire, or a relay if you want it for emergency starts.

Simple switch and a length of wire, or a relay if you want it for emergency starts.
The controller is supposed to charge the VB as well Trev, but if I read what David posted a while ago it can't as it's not getting enough sun at this time of year.

Anyway I woke up for a wee in the middle of the night and it popped into my head that I might have put the van on EHU, and I might have plugged in the Ctek, but I didn't connect the cable at the socket to the VB so I have that to do today at some point

Thule Load Carrier Plate not really adaptable without chopping it up a bit, so in case I want to go back to a standard carrier I decided to leave that alone and use another number plate mount I had spare.
Worked well (and this plate is actually more secure than the Thule one as well - I have lost one plate in the past that was clipped to the Thule mount).

FiammaRearBox-Finished by David, on Flickr

Still need to decide whether or not to do anything with the cameras.....
Ì recognise that box!

The controller is supposed to charge the VB as well Trev, but if I read what David posted a while ago it can't as it's not getting enough sun at this time of year.

Anyway I woke up for a wee in the middle of the night and it popped into my head that I might have put the van on EHU, and I might have plugged in the Ctek, but I didn't connect the cable at the socket to the VB so I have that to do today at some point
My votronic solar regulator does and is charging both service and starter batts no problem, I have 200w on the roof.

Oil level checked, water levels too, tyre pressures all checked.

Filled with water, and flushed system through, heating fine, so is hot water on gas or electric, fridge fine too, and spare fridge now in garage.

Feet getting itchy!!

Back