What did you do to your van today?

Led reverse lamps fitted (very bright) done a few jobs exterior now raining ,so int mods getting carried out next

I’ve fitted two durite low level lamps but very strong onto impact bar and put reflective tape accross the beam

621DA54F-3291-4041-8934-E2705F40CF0E.jpeg77BEE024-EFFD-4B1A-B990-580BDBC1C074.jpegD6A072BC-D058-4A1A-9345-5505D631B680.jpeg

Thanks Gordon, that is exactly what I have been thinking about for years but never got round to it, I was going to fit a manual switch so that they don't come on when reverse gear is selected on the road

Got them from dingbro vehicle trade supplies if you have a dingbro near you let me know and o can organise discount or get them here and post to you
I’m going to paint smooth hamerite on the cases to prevent determination
Wired into rear lamp to come on very very bright I must stress46064

Last edited:
Did nothing to the van except look at it whilst relaxing in the sun, in a field, far from the madding crowd (but plus a few cows)
Sheer bliss!!!:)

Took out the grey waste tank, replaced the rust on the brackets with a nice new coat of hammerite, replaced all the waste pipe hangers with aluminium straps then put it all back together.

We made an over head shelf extension for the tiny camper. It looks like it is going to be a huge improvement on storage as it doubles the shelf capacity and hopefully we wont be hit on the head by wayward map books as we were last year.

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
had a vermin invasion over the winter, they chewed all the flaps on the heating vents, made a nest on top of the spare tyre in the garage and chewed holes in a couple of dog blankets. Not too bad really. However, after fixing new vents and removing the vermin evidence I just felt that the van was unclean. The engine bay got sprayed with a deterrent and inside the motor home and garage I used smoke bombs to get rid of any infestations. Major job cleaning everything down ready to use next week, at least she smells beautifully fresh and clean. Incidentally, the van is four years old and this winter was the first time we put a cover on, coincidence do you think ?????

Arrived at Rutland on Thursday only for hot water boiler to stop working.... On the way to Anglesey we stopped at a caravan breakers to buy another. Arrived at Anglesey this afternoon and 1hr later we have hot water again.... isn’t he a clever boy....

My good lady put the new upholstery back into van and the the blackout curtains hung with new clips etc ,she has certainly put her mark on the new wheels for sure and a cracking job she has done
With the wardrobe removed it’s quite airy now and the difference in space is amazing
Once we are done this van is gonna be sound
To date
Wardrobe removed
Reupholstered
Re curtained
Bonnet bug deflector
Window Wind deflectors heiki,
Delock Ed doors
Fiamma locks on garage doors
New durite led reverse lamps
Rear bumper defender red reflective taped
Disklok
New bed toppers
New duvets

Old point to do
Door side bars getting fabricated with leds Fitted in

Put the roof bars back on ready for taking the canoe along to Ullapool for a couple of days next week.

Started to get it ready for it's first Hab check next week. Hoping to get a second LB and wiring fitted at the same time.

cleaned the wheels, found a small scratch and a small chip in the black lacquer so ordered some black glossy stone chip paint online.

Back