What did you do to your van today?

Sorry, when you said....

Removed the plastic trim on side of van to see how the small panel is fix as it has tin worm decide to renew all of the panel rather than repair a bit of it.Will be taking it down my mate garage to remove the panel and get any welding done before refitting it not looking forward to it but it has to be done m
I thought you were doing some welding ? My mistake, apologies...

K ;)

Excuse my ignorance, but I haven’t seen internal bike racks before. Does that bike rack slide outside the garage for easy access to the bikes,
Sorry, I must have missed your post. Yes the rack slides out the full length of the bike for easy access and if you have large garage doors both sides , it will go the other way as well. Quite chunky but very well made. It also moves forwards and backwards so that you adjust it depending on what else you want to load. A bit fiddle to fit as the floor rail measurements have to be spot on for it to work, there’s no leeway.

I should add that it is able to easily take the weight of two electric bikes.

Got my van back from the garage today. Serviced and the anoying light has hopefully been fixed. On my next trip out we will see if the light comes on again.

I got a new cab aircon condenser fitted after a hole appeared in the old one. Looks like it may have been caused by a stone, it is in a very vulnerable position. Can’t complain as it was 8 years old. Just need some hot weather now to justify the expense ?

Well I managed to drill and cut the old panel off with out damaging any of the rest of it .Taking it down my mate garage this morning and see if any of inner sill needs welding before I refit the new out sill.I painted cure rust on the bare metal will undercoat and paint befor gluing the new sill on. 4678546786

It was a bought kit made by CBE. My advice would be to avoid the Vento kits, I bought 2 and they both failed with the same fault within a couple of weeks.
The CBE kit seems much better made and is pretty quiet when running. It’s simple to wire up, you just need a 12v permanent supply and earth.
Here’s a pic of the control panel.

51B59B28-3394-4488-8BF0-4E94808C5D2F.jpeg

I like your solution a lot. Honest question (remembering earlier discussions on the subject) do your fans suck air in at the bottom or blow air out at the top?

Cut and fitted carpet to garage floor, got son to fit new silver screen covers to make sure they were ok, fitted like a glove as usual.

Got a full set of hard wearing easy clean carpets made 5 separate small carpets with all the branding round the edges £140 including them supplying the rubber backed carpet I thought that was a bargain used original carpet ass template. A great wee company that I can highly recommend. http://cj-carpetbinding.co.uk/
Just what I’m wanting to get done next

Just spent two hours washing the van after our French trip
Think them wee french aliens are harder to get off the van than the west coast midge agh

Collected from storage cleaned inside and out then got the evening shuttle to France. Spent the night by a lake in St Omer.

Just about to start changing the intercooler on 2012 Boxer, lost power Thursday in France on way home, limp mode warning lights etc, looked under motorhome yesterday to see a bent intercooler with a big hole in it. Must have hit an animal as no visible bright metal to indicate a hard collision.

Back