What did you do to your van today?

I did lots of stuff to my camper and then discovered that my iPhone takes pictures in HEIC which won't attach to any posts. I need a teenager. I've watched five youtubes telling me how to change HEIC into JPG but a) they all talk too fast and in a funny yank language and b) nothing they show on their videos happens on my iPhone and c) the most obnoxious ones use microphones so big they hide the lecturer's face. They must be compensating for something. I know how to slow down the talk speed to only 200 wpm and to get subtitles but their videos still don't correspond to what happens when I press the specified 'buttons'.
Try going into settings , scroll down to camera and select it, scroll down to Formats and select it, then change to most compatible.

Yaaay Allan, thank you. I've done that but I still have the requirement to change photos that are on the phone from HEIC to jpg. More than that, I have downloaded some HEIC photos from the phone to my MacBook, and when I was doing it I clicked on "delete after import". So the macbook deleted the photos from the phone and stored them on the macbook as HEIC. Now I also need to convert HEIC to jpg on my macbook so I can post them here, or send them somewhere else. It's probably why when I first sent an article to MMM for publication they said they couldn't read the photos.

I measured my fresh water tank.
I wanted to find out the litreage of my fresh water tank. I filled a 5l watering can over and over until it was full, and reckoned 60 litres. That's rubbish not nearly big enough so I measured the tank and it is indeed 60 litres. So now the task of fitting a decent sized tank begins, I want 100 litres which will last me two weeks without having to pay £25 - £45 a night just to fill up at a camp site.
I measured the available space where the current 60l tank is and found that they could have fitted a 100l tank in the first place. This is when A/S were learning to fit showroom fancies which sound good , but are cheap which is the most important thing. "It has an on board fresh water tank, madam". 'Ooh that's good, I'll buy it' syndrome. Like their 60W solar panels. Ooh its got a solar panel. Not that the solar panel will be enough to recharge a mobile phone, but it has a solar panel madam. Ooh good I'll buy it.
So, having measured the available space I am on the lookout for a 100l tank to fit in the space.

Remembered that I should have emptied the grey and fresh water tanks last Thursday when we returned home ... I knew that there was only 5 litres or so of grey water after flushing it on the final Aire, so not too worried ... Famous last words!

Firstly, the silicone folding bucket that I used to collect the drained grey water sprung a leak as I crossed the threshold between the hallway and the bathroom, so both floors copped it, and there was an unmistakeable 'eau de drains' aroma throughout our flat ... Secondly, although I had driven 10 miles or so to the last Aire in Spain with fresh water and Aldi Bio Washing Liquid slohing around, the 480+ miles from Portsmouth to Fife sloshed the grey water around a lot more; and draining the remaining 40 litres of fresh water via the kitchen and bathroom taps washed an awful lot more gunge and debris out of the grey tank. Looked like I'd poured 1/2 a beach into the tank and made mud pies!!

Steve

So you reckon Aldi Bio liquid in the grey tank. That's interesting, thanks.

I can access my grey and fresh water tank from inside the motor, I rarely fill the fresh water tank, or top up fresh water tank from the outside filler point.

Before I leave this current aire, I’ll use the hose to give grey waste tank a hose doon from inside.

I only ever use Lidl or Aldi bio liquid in grey waste tank and in toilet cassette. Plus I chuck a crumbled dishwasher tablet down each sink and let it ferment in the U tube.
No smells in our van!
Jeremy

Taking care but to be back in the van will be great.
We emptied at the last Aire, Jeff, but had to use our own facilities at Bilbao Port [no facilities open after about 6pm, and no grey waste disposal or drains], so 1 night waste in the tank; 1 night on the ferry with the grey fermenting nicely; then 1 night on the overnight parking, so 3 days of festering, plus my forgetfulness whilst dealing with erroneous correspondence from Eon, HMRC and the French Hovel Gas Supplier. By yesterday, the waste tank did whiff a wee bit ... :ROFLMAO:. I also had 486 miles of grey water sloshing during a very windy journey and the amount of gunge from a tank that had been flushed the previous week with 10 litres of fresh water laced with Aldi Bio Washing Liquid was surprising, as was the stench!

Steve

Today:
I will have taken my Transit to a Man With A Welder to get a bit of MOT advisory stuff looked at. I will have scoured the net for a new Hella rear light lens. But in reality what I have done today is connect a battery charger for no particular reason other than I haven't started it for two weeks and I have yet to trace the solar charging wiring to see if it includes the engine battery. Obviously it will need to start in order to take it to the welder.

If you want a stench how about this? I was driving through Stoke on Trent where there is a good dual carriageway with bridges where it intersects with other roads so the road is very nice and free running, with 50 speed limit. I was with my son in law and he accused me of doing something in my trousers. I quite correctly protested that it wasn't me, it must be him. The stench got worse, and then unbearable as we saw the cause. On the opposite carriageway an open topped HGV truck had done an emergency stop for some reason. It had been full of rotting animal innards, until it stopped and launched all the awful offal all over its front and on to the road.

Cleaned out the garage and filled with water, ready for the off to see Eric Clapton booked in at a brewery I look after which is close by.

Years ago I had a BIG garage to play in, about 800sq.ft. I took to spraying cars, and campervans. A new 'can't scratch it' paint came available and I used it a couple of times. It was brilliant, gave a mirror gloss finish you could run a coin along without hurting it. The tin had a skull and crossbones on it and a big chemical word I couldn't even say, let alone pronounce.
I had a friend who was a pharmacist and showed him the tin. He asked if I had heard of a chap called Hitler. Yes. What did he use on the Jews? Cyanide. READ THE WORD he said. I slowly pronounced each syllable. I SO CY AN ATE. Precisely, he said. It contains Cyanide. When you see a car worth dying for, paint it with that stuff. You can lick it when it's dry, and if you ate some it would only give you a bad tummy. But breathe the spray in and you are in deep doo doo.
I didn't do any more cars with it, and soon after it was banned anyway.
Have a look at whats in superglue. That contains the same stuff. The tooth came off my dental plate about 1999 on a flight. (Tough apple). As soon as I landed I bought some superglue and fixed the tooth back on the plate. Fixed it ok. Then I read what it contained. Apparently I should be okay for about 25 years......Oh sugar......
Ooops!

Ordered some bits to put aside ready for the time of a lithium Battery conversion.
Lots more bits to get .

Back