What did you do to your van today?

Sun will be shining Gordon.😎
'There's a famous seaside called Blackpool,
That's noted for fresh air and fun.
And Mr & Mrs Rams_bottom, went there with young Albert their son ' etc etc

It's one of my 2 Party Pieces, the other being 'The Gas Man Cometh', Eric. You have been warned! :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Getting to look the part now. Few more upgrades to outside wheel carrier and ladder. skylight and max fan fitted sound deadening done. Floor out next and insulated with some free king span I found. Awning comes tomorrow fit that tomorrow.IMG_0559.pngIMG_0558.pngIMG_0561.pngIMG_0560.pngBed supports in. I’ve done everything myself so far a learning curve still scared of the electric side. Plumbing should be a doddle.

Went to the welder man and this shows he's honest. He said that doesn't need welding, there's no perforation all it needs is a good scrub with a power brush, anti-rust paint, primer and top coat. I'll do it Friday morning.
Then I went to my Favourite shop, with a cappitle F. RTI Military Surplus in Lutterworth where I live. Imagine a decent sized Tesco full of ex military stuff. I have removed the second unnecessary battery from my Transit MH which leaves a space ideal to fit a tool box. At RTI I found a superb rugged plastic box which fitted exactly so I'll put whatever emergency tools will fit in, and anchor it where the battery used to be.

And, While there I spotted the Absolutely Ideal anti theft deterrent: they sell ring-pull smoke bombs. If you were to anchor one say on the seat belt anchorage in between the two front seats and attach a string from there to the driver's door handle, then when Mr / Mrs Toe Rag force an entry via the driver's door, (which they are much more likely to use than any other) they will be blown away by the smoke. It is harmless and leaves no residue. £6.50.
Or if you catch them and see them running away you could chuck a paint grenade at them. That must be legal, because the security firms attach dye grenades to the brief cases they carry.
I also got a treat for the lady of my life: a night out and a meal at a French Restaurant.
The night out will be when we go to France in a few months en route to the Bavaria cavalcade.
The French Restaurant will be me cooking a Special Posh haute cuisine dinner and breakfast in the camper using nothing less than Genuine French ingredients: (as found in the Ration De Combat Individuelle Rechauffable bought from the RTI shop)
Pork Cheek with Ravioles
Gizzards and Quinoa salad
Tuna in pickled sauce
Soup
Milky desert
Salted and sweet biscuits
Coffee/Tea/Chocolate
Muesli
Isotonic powder drink
Nougat
Fruit Jelly
Energy bar
Chocolate bar
Jam
Packet of tissues
Reheating kit
Water purifying tablets

There, what do you reckon of that? I think (and hope) it's excellent value for evening dinner and breakfast. £18.50. Much cheaper than going to a lah dee dah restaurant. I have a photo of it on my phone but the macbook firstly refused to upload all four photos from the phone to the macbook and subsequenty won't recognise the iphone at all when I tried to upload the photo of the Haute Cuisine menu.

9B8A2CA3-68D9-4EE5-8B49-A0B5B7C2E4EA_1_201_a.jpegEFE092B5-B836-4545-96C4-CB4562E382E8_1_201_a.jpeg52084E43-FFBF-4573-BB13-0066FA391C58_1_201_a.jpeg

Well I’ve had a very productive day, for a change. Nothing as imaginative as GasGas, but I have given the van a full service. Oil and filter change, fuel filter change, air filter change and also gearbox oil changed as well. Tomorrow will see the roof and solar panel cleaned and sprayed with WetnForget and possibly tyre pressures in readiness for the Southern Motorhome Show at Newbury next week.

That looks fabulous Wully. I can't believe that van is second hand? The electrics will be OK so long as you stay away from anything touch screen, or things that need a phone and an internet and a signal in order to switch on / off.
Brace yourself Roger, take a medicinal brandy and check the tyre pressures. You know you can do it!

Thanks Andrew, yes I will do it, I have a stiff glass of Bunnahabhain standing by. It’s one of the smoothest single malts I’ve ever tasted from Islay, it’s nearly as smooth as Highland Park from Orkney.

'There's a famous seaside called Blackpool,
That's noted for fresh air and fun.
And Mr & Mrs Rams_bottom, went there with young Albert their son ' etc etc

It's one of my 2 Party Pieces, the other being 'The Gas Man Cometh', Eric. You have been warned! :ROFLMAO:

Steve
I’ve led a sheltered life so wouldn’t know what your talking about.😬

Spent all day removing old licence plat rear lamps as inside rotten and left side no working, fitted 2 small led units from ebay but had one hell of a job when i found the left unit had no pos feed, hence it must ahve been out for a while, so welding wire and 2 hrs trying to feed new wires fron the right lamp across the inside of body panel to the left, i never swore so much in my life, got it all sorted bar some painting to do as new lamps are small and show some of the old black base colour exposed, one thing that wories me is you can see some white light from the rear where the old units did not, i may have to make a sheild to sort that on both lamps, more fecken work. :(

Waken up you lot of sleepy heads, im back out soon to finish what i started yesterday, that is once iv downed a few coffees.

Brought van home for a clean, modify the bedding, and generally check everything over, only to find a snapped plastic drawer catch. Should be easy to fettle a replacement as I've done it a couple of times before.

Transferred the reg and put my CAT plates on the van. Adapted some cushions to make lumbar support cushions for the dinette seats. Told Phill where to put all the kit he was fixing up inside. Stuck a hook up for the fly swat. Ordered the bathroom blind & flyscreen. Ordered cab mat.
Maybe later I'll book our tunnel crossings for Bavaria and order one dogs AHC.

Took my rear light lenses of as faded, cleaned up with some g7 paint cutting polish and refitted, i have to do this every year as soon going to book the mot test, may be a 3 mth waiting list at best but you can drive if taxed, im ok to december. ;)

Getting to look the part now. Few more upgrades to outside wheel carrier and ladder. skylight and max fan fitted sound deadening done. Floor out next and insulated with some free king span I found. Awning comes tomorrow fit that tomorrow.View attachment 72735View attachment 72736View attachment 72737View attachment 72738Bed supports in. I’ve done everything myself so far a learning curve still scared of the electric side. Plumbing should be a doddle.
looking very smart there (y)

Brought van home for a clean, modify the bedding, and generally check everything over, only to find a snapped plastic drawer catch. Should be easy to fettle a replacement as I've done it a couple of times before.
New stainless steel drawer catch formed and fitted. 🙂

It's the third plastic catch to have failed, and AutoTrail should be ashamed of themselves. Why they fit a set of flimsy plastic retainers when something in any metal lasts a lifetime is beyond me (given the cost and weight differentials per van are negligible). ☹️

It can't be aesthetics as they are only visible should you enjoy sitting on the floor. 😄

Fitted the new wheel restrainers on the Bike Carrier and Fitted the new P3 Bike Support Arm for the outer bike. Both are now rock solid and I have a spare P2 [bought a pair in error last Summer but have been using one to support the cross tube of the inner bike]. No bad thing given the impossibility of finding Fiamma spares in Spain ... The old, rather brittle wheel restrainers will sit in the spares box since the ratchet mechanisms are identical to the Bike Support Arms, and may get me out of trouble in the future

After a late lunch, the emptying of the M/Home will commence. Need to consolidate/reduce the tools/spares [see the Bike spares above!] and reduce the Menswear and Ladies Wear Rails - '2nd shelf, menswear' as John Inman might have said :ROFLMAO:

Steve

Back