What did you do to your van today?

Topped up fresh water to full with only, 1.5 watering cans!!!
Hello costa Wellington!!!

Toying with greasing the Alko torsion bar before the next outing, does anyone bother lifting both rear wheels off the ground or just do one side at a time?

Thanks Graham, I’m guessing that Alko recommend both wheels which I can do, it’s just a bit more hassle. Incidentally have you found a replacement dealer for Platts that you can recommend? Cheers Dave

Just finished giving the Alko suspension its annual dose of grease. Straightforward until I realised that my new grease gun wouldn’t get under the grease nipple. I love Toolstation on a Sunday, one flexible delivery tube purchased, job done.

Decent weather for a change today so gave the van a thorough clean including the roof - snowfoam, let it stand for 15 minutes, good rinse down, washed all down with plenty of water and microfibre cloth, another rinse then sprayed with Bobby Dazzler. Van hasn’t looked this clean for ages but I’m absolutely knackered now!
Just need to give the inside a good clean and we’ll be ready to get the whole thing dirty again.

Washed the van,polished it last weekend with auto glym resin and the dirt /water just drops off ,use it on the truck as well ,great results but it’s not cheap

Last edited:
Put the pieces of my offside mirror back together with duct tape to get ne home after an Irish van swerved to miss a parked car and clashed into my mirror. Glass is cracked but usable. Not all of plastic cover was found. On the lookout for a replacement now... 2010 Ducato with indicator and standard extension if you have one for sale?
Bugger
K :(

Spun the spare wheel round so I can get to the valve to blow it up - then put 70 psi into it.
Also tried to improve the quality of rear view picture no joy really as the lens has a crack- so I've ordered a cheap kit that seems to have a similar camera that I can swap in.
Rather fear that the new lead won't be long enough.
Hooked up and turned on fridge ready for weekend trip to Silverstone for the weekend.
So a fairly busy day really.

Last edited:
Just out of interest, how do you fasten your safe to the floor (or whatever)?

I always use a money belt as I can never seem to find a place robust enough to fix a safe to. One whack with a masher and it's gone.

Ok, so I didn’t wash the van myself, I had a mobile crew come and do it including the roof. A very good job and very reasonable price. Then I put the bike rack on the towbar and I will put the bikes on when this blooming rain goes off. Once Jan gets in from work we will head off for Fife to a little village gala day tomorrow and perhaps a few beers!!! Ahhhh, must remember to put some in the van!!
Home again Sunday and van washing time again!

You couldnt make it up? having repaired my offside mirror to get me home, within 10miles of driving, a 4x4 comes barreling around a corner cutting the apex and leaving me with nowhere to go... so "whack!" And my repair is sorely tested but remarkably holds. Do they do bull bars for van mirrors?
Irelands the place to come to test them
20190718_180035.jpg
K :(

Work is started on making new curtains for the front and side windows. To replace the water damaged old ones.
Linda is toiling over the sewing machine and I'm providing tea and a spare pair of hand where necessary.

Back