What did you do to your van today?

C'mon PJ... that does imply a teeeeensie bit of criticism ;) I'm by no means wedded to my tv - neither at home nor in the van - but I see no logical reason at all to be without one. Think of it as a tool/piece of equipment that comes in very handy when you need it but can stay tucked away when not needed... like a folding clothes dryer or a hammer. People carry all kinds of weird, random things in case they need them, so I'm not sure why tv's provoke reaction? When you're alone, a tv can be great company on a grim, rainy night, when it's quite the treat to drift off to sleep, snug in bed with the tv on sleep timer. As you say, each to their own :)
Couldn’t have put it better myself ! I had to bite my tongue and not reply to the post as I might have ended up on the naughty step lol !

Minor spraying to tidy up several items
1 Grey primer/anti-rust spray on metal bar which serves to prevent grounding
2 Respray "corner" of rear-light cluster which had minor scratches
3 similar on corner of wheel arch
4 again on inside of window
All this by Lac des Tailleres Neuchetal20190702_181556.jpg20190702_181616.jpg20190702_181635.jpg

Last edited:
Fitted two mag racks to back doors to keep Christines 4727547276shit off the work bench and tried new 10in 12v fan not sure if I could sleep with it running but I’ll give it a try

I washed the van, emptied the fresh water tank and refilled it, cleaned the windows and then popped indoors to chivy up Linda to get the preparations complete for setting off tomorrow, only to be informed I was a day early, as it was Tuesday and not Wednesday today!!!!
Oh the pleasure of retirement!!

Sitting in the queue for the ferry when a lorry driver pointed out a flat tyre. Jumped into action and changed the wheel in record time...

While the owner of the van whose tyre it was who was queuing in front of me flapped and panicked about the time etc etc. He didnt have a clue. It was hot and thankfully dry and I was knackered by the end.

He thanked me and disappeared into his van grateful for the help I suppose (?) But then blanked me on the ferry later...

Nowt as strange as folk eh?

At least it was not my problem - phew!

K ;)

It's only a guess, but possibly he got some flack from his wife over his PP performance, and was embarrassed. You did a great job!

Loaded booze and food filled water tank all levels checked . Ready for the trip to wellington tomorrow

Cut and fitted yet more anti slip matting to motorhome cupboards, now complete thank god lol.
Now only waiting for a couple of these to store cups and glasses in then all ready for the road.

Now it's Wednesday I have checked and Linda tells me it is.
So to complete the preparations for the trip tomorrow.
????????
So wish I could come but having my daughter home for a couple of weeks or so is more than compensation. Have fun :)

Just finished packing my clothes, restocked dry goods and sorted fridge food ready to pack in the morning....I wondered why lee was getting stress with me yesterday ??

Sorry we won't be seeing you Jennie but have a great time with your daughter.

Reactions: Lee
Cut and fitted yet more anti slip matting to motorhome cupboards, now complete thank god lol.
Now only waiting for a couple of these to store cups and glasses in then all ready for the road.
Just what we need but only for two mugs...currently using recycled cardboard Macdonald's cupholders!

Fitted my curtains.
Received my stainless steel sink with double burner... Great simple piece of kit.
Just wondering wheather to fit a solar panel to power my small 120w coolbox?

Fitted my curtains.
Received my stainless steel sink with double burner... Great simple piece of kit.
Just wondering wheather to fit a solar panel to power my small 120w coolbox?

It will need to be a big panel to provide a continuous 10amp supply!

Back