What did you do to your van today?

Monday night home from work ,straight into van garage and sorted it out for the weekend ,fridge and levels tues night

Removed the Cleo tip up basin and used some white 2 pack repair stuff to fill cracks in basin. Cracks repaired ok but I still want a replacement as the plastic has yellowed in places and of course the repair is whiter than white so it stands out a mile. Its usable but ugly.
I still cannot find a replacement basin without buying the surround too. Someone or some dealer must surely have a basin at a sensible price, but I cannot find them
K :(

Took it to the Mercedes dealer for it’s first base vehicle service including changing the oil in the automatic box. Will be skint tonight! Better to get it done now though before we head off to Edinburgh then overseas soon.

Thought I'd be good and use the self service jet wash... giving it a good scrub with the brush and the jet wash hose whacked against the top of my Moho... arghhh flipping heck!20190806_120000.jpg

MOT fail today. However it’s just some bushes on the rear suspension so will be fixed by tomorrow. It was a bit of a worry as we’re booked on the ferry to the Isle of Man next week. The front discs will be replaced too as pitting led to an advisory.

Plugged the MH in and loaded stuff for trip tomorrow. We are off tomorrow but the weather forecast looks especially dodgy so I thought I'd get as much in the MH today whilst it's dry. Just fresh food to put in tomorrow.

Then went around the bodywork and wiped off several bird poos!

Tomorrow its Cheltenham and then Sunday its Tewkesbury for 4 nights

Graham
smile.gif

Plumbed in the new gas BBQ take off thingy and fired up the cadac, works a treat.

• Well Done
Reactions: 2cv
Well done you! That's a superb piece of edge whipping.

Passed MOT after fitting of new rear axle bushes. Also took heed of advisories and got new front pads and discs. Loaded up for nearly a month away from tomorrow, mostly in the Isle of Man including the Classic tt.
This week I’ve renewed insurance, vehicle tax and MOT, all set for another year out and about.

Passed MOT after fitting of new rear axle bushes. Also took heed of advisories and got new front pads and discs. Loaded up for nearly a month away from tomorrow, mostly in the Isle of Man including the Classic tt.
This week I’ve renewed insurance, vehicle tax and MOT, all set for another year out and about.
Enjoy and hope sue is keeping good

Just washed and hoovered it out filled/topped up levels,put on ehu and fridge fired up

Because I have been working on the gas leak and had the vents off I thought I would change the fridge fans, I thought the others had become noisy and there was only two, I have now fitted three and found they are noisier than two were, I tried them before fitting and you couldn't hear them so I have decided to mount them on rubber when I return from Druridge to see if that silences them, if not I will remove my hearing aids, I now have three spare fans to give away

Upgraded my Overland Camperbus to the 'Daker SE' Level this weekend :D

What's that, I don't hear you ask?

Additional Logos on the sides and spare wheel carrier ...

Also resprayed the Petrol (for Generator) and Kerosene (for Heater) Jerrycans as the paint had faded badly and was too thin anyway. Used Hammerite Green for the Petrol and Hammerite Black for the Kerosene and then updated to "Dakar" spec again ?

Dakar Special Edition - Jerrycans
by David, on Flickr

Filled up with LPG this morning and noticed that the gas-it cover was coming apart. Just disassembled and cleaned but still loose so the superglue was used. Hope I don't need to ever replace the internal spring because it won't come apart now. Should last a while though.

IMG_20190811_121522207.jpg

Back