What did you do to your van today?

Fitted a new Split-Charge solution to Clarence ready for the VW Busfest and Southern Roadtrip :)

The CTEK D250SA + Smartpass is £600 for a 20A Smart Charger + 100A Relay which is a bit pricey so I went for my Homebrew "HR30/120" system instead ....
View attachment 49282
30A Smart B2B Charger + 120A Victron Cyrix-CT Battery Combiner with auto-switching based on Battery State of Charge :geek:
Did it work? was it worth it? http://www.motorhomebuilder.com/threads/split-chargers-b2b-relays-which-one-or-both.66709/

we have not long come back from a European trip and i ended up in hospital with a bleed on my lung i get out tomorrow and have lodes of small job's to do'i am going to fix the oil leek first
bill

Tried to repair the broken bracket on the dashboard document holder... the AA atlas for France is so heavy it bust it. Superglued the plastic bit ok and was pleased with that but then dropped the wee hinge rod which spun around and disappeared between the dash and the screen 😣 its gone forever and I will need to wait until I get back home to try again. Rods/pins still in place here.
20190916_161357.jpg
K :(

Last edited:
Should have used a 2 pack zinc rich epoxy,there is no longer any lead in paint,its a con,sorry to say

You're thinking of Red LEAD paint Trev. the man is using Red OXIDE paint, which you
can get even in Halfords, a benign paint as far as paints go regarding H&S.

You're thinking of Red LEAD paint Trev. the man is using Red OXIDE paint, which you
Found this “
Red oxide, also called red lead, reacts with iron and iron oxides to form insoluble compounds called plumbates, in which lead is part of the anion, (PbO?)?². For instance, ferrous plumbate has the formula Fe(PbO?), in which the cation is Fe?².
Halfords must have a red oxide using different materials.

Found this “
Red oxide, also called red lead, reacts with iron and iron oxides to form insoluble compounds called plumbates, in which lead is part of the anion, (PbO?)?². For instance, ferrous plumbate has the formula Fe(PbO?), in which the cation is Fe?².
Halfords must have a red oxide using different materials.

A lot of people do refer to Red Oxide as Red Lead because it was the default safe substitute.
Not just Halfords, Rustoleum, Screwfix, Hammerite, all produce Red Oxide and they all
state their paint as lead free. Somehow I can't imagine they would take the risk of
telling porkies on this issue, could you? I hope not, at least since 1992 anyway!

Made some slats to convert the table area to a single berth ready to take boy to an Autograss meet at York today.

True but its cr-p,2 pack zink rich epoxy every time,remember i was in the anti corrosive biz.

Back