What did you do to your van today?

Like oppy I too have recently covered over a hole in the skin near the rear of the van.
The puncture was from an errant motorway cone and I used a circular orange reflector.
This meant of course that I had to install another 3 to make it look right!
Whilst at it I put a couple of decent sized red reflectors on the rear to reinforce the rather meagre standard issue.

took van down mates garage and had new discs and pads fitted one of the discs was starting to split make the brake peddle pulse and and shake badly when you braked but all sorted now.
You've got a mate with a garage eh !!!! What's he like sorting fuel leaks in the injector area?
Peter

Getting it ready for tomorrow's VE day celebrations, Linda wants to camp out, she must be getting stir crazy.
We'll really rough it, 240v hook up, toilet in the house and electric heater in the van in case it gets cold.
There maybe alcohol involved.
We should be at Hereford in the sunshine and meeting all you wonderful people, oh well it obviously wasn't to be.
Stay safe and have a drink and as Katherine (clunegapyears) says don't mention the Germans.

Not exactly what have you done to the van , but pledge to a give it a good wash and a full wax Polish .
Barry we did do something to the van, it needed a deep clean after our trip to Portugal earlier in the year.

Barry we did do something to the van, it needed a deep clean after our trip to Portugal earlier in the year.
Ours has still got half of Portugal stuck on it, it gives it character I suppose, sadly I can't wash it, but I did put a sticker on it.

I bought a new Engine oil filter last week and am going to change the Engine oil and filter soon, I change the Oil filter and oil every 5,000 miles or thereabouts, it is too hot here at the moment and can't get motivated, I just run the van front wheels up on the leveler blocks, the big black ones and that gives me plenty of room to get right under the van and it is an easy job from there on. I did over 4,000 miles on our Spain and Portugal trip this year so may be a tad over the 5000 this time, haven't checked the speedo reading lately.

My van has become a seat of learning. Daughter has one final online exam to finish her degree course, so because we downsized the house a few years ago, it is the perfect place to get some peace and quiet for the final revision sessions.
However there is a zoom meet of her mates by laptop from the van (with my wine of course) for a quiz as I post this.

Davy

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)

I looked at it out of the window.

Changed the oil on Saturday - despite the hot weather it took a while to get it warm.
Fiat 2.8L filter is enormous it ought to last forever with the mileage I do - especially now we look like being under house arrest for the summer!

Back