What did you do to your van today?

Washed all the dust off all the bits of the van I can reach...the top will have to wait for UK. Hoped it might rain hard enough to rinse it, but no, sun shone and waited till I had done the rinse before it rained :rolleyes: ...I like carrying multiple buckets of water uphill to the parking space!
Plugged it into the mains to ensure completely topped up. Fixed fridge light which seemed to have become disconnected. Swept inside, again...where do all the leaves and twigs come from when the van is only used occasionally??
Sorted out the winter clothes we were when we arrived and put behind the lighter options.

Just installed another usb twin port ,stripped the fllyscreen mesh reseated it and cleaned all the door surround with elbow grease and it has made a huge difference removed years of hand stains and sweat from it ,also fitted some new curtain track clips .
this van is gonna be minted by the time it gets used again
tomorrow’s jobs are buff up the alloys and hope to wash and polish her

Last edited:
Reactions: 2cv
Got this far with the kitchen vent and cleaned all the grease off inside, then chickened our if going any further.
Still think the outer plastic domeC6C10BCD-B1D6-4CEA-9279-69B582B32FB5.jpeg must come off from outside?

Got in the van tonight and the wife was surprised when she saw what I had done to the sink and hob
had my Milwaukee buffer out and have cleaned it up a great bit
brownie points?

I have been putting it off since I bought the van in November but today decided that the towbar just HAD to come off. I will never tow with the van and have no intention of adding a bike rack, so... Off it came!
Was not a bad job and the bolts and nuts all unscrewed easily. I have left the 7 pin connector still wired up and tucked away behind the bumper for now. I might keep the towbar as it might be of interest to a prospective buyer at some point in the future? But I might offer it for sale on the bay...
The whole lot came to around 32kg which is a useful addition to my available payload.

So, what did YOU do to your van today?

K ;)
Hi can someone tell me how to create a fresh post please? Thanks Andy

Lowered the middle drop down bed and hoovered up two dead flies! Getting desperate for things to do now!

Sanded the first coat of resin on Betty's roof hoping to get the final coat on this afternoon, but the heavens opened and gave it a good wash. Just as well it rained when it did or I’d have to sand the artex finish resin down.

No way can we afford air con so got a nice double fan gives off a nice breeze heres hoping we have a nice long summer this yearView attachment 54324
I have one of them. Primarily to stop the satnav overheating in the sun, but it's useful anyway. Although there is a good Aircon, a bit of air movement is nice. Swivel the fans to blast condensation away.
A neat device that seems to be decent quality, despite the low price.
It is a bit noisy, despite being a lot further away than yours is (an A Class has a big dashboard). I almost wish I'd bought the 24v version, but maybe I'll fit a speed control to enhance the 0/1/2 control.

[Later]
Just realised that yours is posher: mine doesn't have the display, just the fans.

This is mine: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-Volt-...ard-Air-Con-Cooler-Dual-Head-NEW/173888388514 but it has gone up in price quite a bit since I bought one.

Then again, yours seems to be showing the wrong time!

Last edited:
My work has been cancelled today so I have fitted new led lights into toilet,buffed u hob and sink , cleaned out toilet cassette,and put tank fresh into grey tank .
awaiting a few new lights for above the beds,and two clips for a door stay I’m going to make so when the awning is out and attached to the van the door cannot open too far and strike the awning poles
think I may order a refresh kit for the cassette

Last edited:
Had a root round with a damp meter 👹👹👹 mobile damp man booked .he is usually booked for next 8 weeks now just over a week .

Back