What did you do to your van today?

Booked a mobile damp man? How lazy can you get? If you haven't got a hose pipe, use a watering can.

Oh, ISWYM.

Mowed the lawn today. The van is parked at the side of the house and I needed to move it to mow underneath, so, started up, into reverse and the rear view camera just showed a misty version of the bike rack.
Bugger!
Finished the lawn this afternoon and I decided to look at the camera. I could see condensation behind the glass, so took it all apart and cleaned the inside of the glass. Put it all back together, checked the camera and it’s nice and clean.
All the rubber seals looked good, but I put a thin film of Super Lube on them, so hopefully, it will keep any moisture out In the future.
I‘ve noticed the image from the camera has been getting a bit blurry over the last few months so it probably had moisture in there from new.
Lawn looks good too!

started to replace the rubber/neoprene wheel arch seals on our Hymer, the old seal had become very dry and brittle, looks much better now

Reactions: 2cv
Hi can someone tell me how to create a fresh post please? Thanks Andy

Hi Andy, if you mean a COMPLETELY new post go to the section you require, "MOTORHOME CHAT" for instance (this section) and at the top of the section on the right had side you'll see "new post" click that box, and off you go

Reactions: 2cv
In the middle of installing a filter tap, to take away the use of having a water container for drinking water.
We don't mind drinking out of the tank but hopefully this will take away the slight strange taste we get.

I fitted the reassembled water heater, put water in the tank and fired it up---------------------it leaked. Drained the system and found that the leak was from one of the compression connections, pulled them apart and reinstalled said heater, refilled the water tank and started the pump, great thought I, but alas no, water still peeing out this time through the gas jet side. Drain the blasted system, disconnect the pipework, bypassed the heater and return to a full cold water set up, and now I'm on a very large G&T and the heater is in the recycle bin ready for tomorrows collection

Fitted big new shoes on mine got a set off 16" wheels from the German suppliers that Phil recommended new wheels tyres and fiat wheel trims £200 per wheel delivered , I'm trying to get the payload uplifted to 4.1 tonne just going to get some bellows for the rear springs then just a paper exercise when it can go through ,

Fitted big new shoes on mine got a set off 16" wheels from the German suppliers that Phil recommended new wheels tyres and fiat wheel trims £200 per wheel delivered , I'm trying to get the payload uplifted to 4.1 tonne just going to get some bellows for the rear springs then just a paper exercise when it can go through ,
Hi Ken ... think about buying new top quality wheel bolts too for your 16" wheels. What did you have before? Get original Fiat bolts for the 16" wheels. Its not a Chinese rickshaw you have there so protect your investment with the right kit.
K ;)

Went out and kicked it !!! Although the postie brought me a big sticker to cover the hole in the side caused by a rampant orange tree in Portugal, so if you see a sunrise with 2 palm trees on the side of the oppy van you'll know that the hole has been filled !!

Just 2 things though, Has anyone got a spare piece of aluminium that I can have to cover the hole where the outlet from the carver was please?

2nd, May I offer grateful thanks to all the late (or is it furloughed) moderators for the great job the have done in keeping us all in some kind of order. It's a tough act for Phil to follow, but he'll do it just as well I'm certain. Thanks folks and cheers 🍷 🍷🍷

Went out and kicked it !!! Although the postie brought me a big sticker to cover the hole in the side caused by a rampant orange tree in Portugal, so if you see a sunrise with 2 palm trees on the side of the oppy van you'll know that the hole has been filled !!

Just 2 things though, Has anyone got a spare piece of aluminium that I can have to cover the hole where the outlet from the carver was please?

2nd, May I offer grateful thanks to all the late (or is it furloughed) moderators for the great job the have done in keeping us all in some kind of order. It's a tough act for Phil to follow, but he'll do it just as well I'm certain. Thanks folks and cheers 🍷 🍷🍷

Many thanks oppy. Let’s hope that people can just think before they post so that Phil does not have to ever intervene. Certainly in the time that I did it there were very few occasions requiring deletion, 99% was just tidying up photos and moving things to the right sections.

Back