What did you do to your van today?

Washed it after the Chester outing. Missed having my usual helper though.

Replaced pollen filter and in doing so found another switch! This one switches the power to the radio on when ignition is off. I always thought it was daft to only have radio on when ignition is on for a campervan...
It was mounted inside the centre cubby and out of sight unless you are replacing a pollen filter! I wonder what I will find when I change the oil filter :rolleyes:
K ;)

I cleaned the interior of our van today after being away at whitby in it, Also i broke the useless hab door catch so now i've got to look for a replacement.:(

Searched the garage for the BBQ to use as "someone" checked the gas cylinders and assured me we had one full one half full. Turns out the full one wasn't, in Spain who dont seem to sell 3.9kg gas and regulators to fit would cost an arm and both legs, this is our backup! Oh well we definitely are finding things out on this maiden run!!!

Spent the past couple of weekends building the interior in the new van. Raised bed with storage for folding bikes, toilet compartment, seating with storage underneath, unit for new cooker, fridge and sink. Today I'm planning to finish off the wiring for the Leisure Battery and get the fridge going. Its amazing how many wee jobs come along and mess up your day ;-) Might just get away next weekend.

Going to fit the secret shelf, made from old laminate flooring fits to the hab bulkhead drops down to create a shelf between two cupboard either side of the habitation door, it will be great for resting a pot of tea on and looking out of the barn style hab door.

Tried but failed to fix the led LPG level indicator :( removed sensor from tank and rotated needle by magnet. Tank is about half full and that's what the sensor was indicating. The LEDs stayed full (four lit). Tried rotating sensor needle back and forth a few times but LEDs didn't change. Traced wires to LED but only connections found were crimped and tight to the LEDs themselves with very little slack and nowhere to disconnect and try an Ohms test. Traced live back from LEDs into a nest of wires at the back of the kitchen unit with light, step, taps and oven wires all mixed in, so left well alone and gave up :( I suppose I am stuck with LEDs indicating full. I could just disconnect them but maybe they will start behaving by themselves so I will leave as is for now.
I could, but won't, spend £50+ and replace the sensor and LEDs...
Pity, I hate stuff that doesn't work.
K :(

Decided to turn the rear blinds the right way up...
The nearside blind in the rear lounge was ok with the blind being pulled up and the flyscreen pulled down... the offside and rear blinds were the other (wrong) way up. Simple job to change them and they are now right (in our world ) way up.
I need to get away again obviously
K ;)

Fitted a security lock to drivers door ,sifted through some stuff I don’t need .just finished washing her

Looks like people are washing their vans, so did mine today, from the roof down, then cleaned underneath.
The vent button on the toilet cassette was dripping water when I tipped it up, so took it all apart ( after a thorough wash of course) cleaned the valve and stuck it back together. No leaks!
Changed the bathroom tap because it was weeping slightly, I know it’s still under warranty but it means waiting for them to do it, when I could swap it easily and use the van next week.
A while ago, I fitted Mopeka lpg sensors on the tanks. They were the earlier versions with the black synch buttons. Just received the newest versions from the supplier ( foc!) so fitted them.
Then, because there was still some daylight left, I washed the car.....

Today is under the van trying to locate a rattle on first setting off or at low mph, 100% sure it's the heat shield i hope so fingers crossed.

Started stripping everything out my pvc in preparation for when I part ex it in a month or two when able to drive after my upcoming knee replacement.
Now emptied, amazing the amount of tinned food I had onboard. Now just needs a good clean inside and out and a scratch to hopefully remove from offside hab window.
Will hopefully get it done this week as fingers crossed I get a cancellation and get the op done early.

Started stripping everything out my pvc in preparation for when I part ex it in a month or two when able to drive after my upcoming knee replacement.
Now emptied, amazing the amount of tinned food I had onboard. Now just needs a good clean inside and out and a scratch to hopefully remove from offside hab window.
Will hopefully get it done this week as fingers crossed I get a cancellation and get the op done early.
Good luck on all fronts steve

Big "Spring clean", and more
Used T-cut and caravan cleaner.
Also re-did all the black trim (Front Bumper etc)
Re-filled LPG on Thursday at a Shell Garage..no problem
Washing and drying Duvet cover as it is a sunny day even if a bit cool.
Awning out for the first time.
All devices fully charged off 12V or USB
New battery and charger for my Canon DSLR EOS 300D all 100%.
So nearly all set for Canterbury (next Saturday) just 2 appointments in Maidenhead next Friday and Saturday am

Back