What did you do to your van today?

Put the Guinness in the fridge... That's the last of the packing done and am now looking forward to starting our next trip tomorrow. First stop - local public weigh bridge ! Hope to be still under 3500 with full tanks but will be close on a 6.3M PVC I reckon. Fingers crossed.
Then off into the wild blue yonder, still don't know which direction?
K ;)

Cleaned the inside, removed a scratch from the offside Seitz window using toothpaste. Worked a treat but took an age lol. Also managed to remove a grease mark from the interior panel of the sliding door. Now cleaner than when I bought it !
So tomoss the outside to tackle including t cutting a couple of scratches then it will parked up on my drive for approx 10 weeks when fingers crossed I will have recovered from my knee replacement and will be part exchanging it for a new A or C class.

Broke a cupboard door lock. The button presses in but stayed in. Tried silicone oil and it with a knife. No good. Googled solutions, but no alternative suggested. So had to force the lock and break it. I was desperate. The coffee was inside!
Now need to work out how to stop the door opening and spilling its contents whilst in transit!

Broke a cupboard door lock. The button presses in but stayed in. Tried silicone oil and it with a knife. No good. Googled solutions, but no alternative suggested. So had to force the lock and break it. I was desperate. The coffee was inside!
Now need to work out how to stop the door opening and spilling its contents whilst in transit!
If you need a quick solution, have a look at this - https://amzn.to/2WOG99r
No need for any holes, etc, so could be a good temporary option? (I use these on my cupboards as standard and pretty good I find)

Washed dried off the outside, used T cut to remove the odd scratch, restored all the Black trim with sons expensive autogylm gear and finally blacked tyres.
Now parked up drive on ehu for the next 8/10 weeks until I’m recovered from my knee op then part exchanging it for either a used Hymer or new Pilote, decisions, decisions !

Left mine mucky, although I have started to re-install my auto clutch device so that Sue cannot rest her feet on it. Can't be bothered washing, polishing and touching things up, as long as it is mechanically OK and safe that's fine for me. If it becomes an embarrassment, I'll drive it over to the ethnics who'll do the job for a tenner

Fitted a solar panel.

200W Monocrystalline kit from onboard energy using the Motorhomer discount code saved us a few bob.

IMG_2482.jpg

It's a glorious day here today but I'm not getting much from the panel as the batteries were already fully charged from being on EHU.

IMG_2483.jpg

Very happy all the same.

Started stripping everything out my pvc in preparation for when I part ex it in a month or two when able to drive after my upcoming knee replacement.
Now emptied, amazing the amount of tinned food I had onboard. Now just needs a good clean inside and out and a scratch to hopefully remove from offside hab window.
Will hopefully get it done this week as fingers crossed I get a cancellation and get the op done early.
I have had both knees replaced in the past 3 years and prior to the first op have been driving automatics. If you're not yet into them then I strongly suggest you have a think about it when ordering your next MH. Best of luck with the op and the strongest advice I can give is to prep by building up the quad muscles beforehand and ensure you follow (to the letter) the physio excercises. It worked for me and had no problems at all - you should see me go up and down stairs nowadays!

I have had both knees replaced in the past 3 years and prior to the first op have been driving automatics. If you're not yet into them then I strongly suggest you have a think about it when ordering your next MH. Best of luck with the op and the strongest advice I can give is to prep by building up the quad muscles beforehand and ensure you follow (to the letter) the physio excercises. It worked for me and had no problems at all - you should see me go up and down stairs nowadays!
Agree regarding the physio after op, followed it to the letter last September after left knee replacement and the physio department were well impressed with my progress and signed me off after 4 weeks.
I love automatics and if I find a motorhome I want and it’s automatic i wouldn’t hesitate in buying it. I don’t think I will be ordering a motorhome having spoken to Hymer and Pilote dealers, anywhere between 4 - 8 months lead time ! No way could I wait that long.

I at last have a readable instrument panel on my Ducato 250 having added an LED strip. Easy to do once the cowl is removed and stuck the strip which is self adhesive aided by a bit of hot glue. Now in daylight the instruments a re brightly lit so I do not have to squint at it to read how fast I am going. Powered by one of the 12 volt sockets, wiring looks a bit messy but can be lived with!

If you need a quick solution, have a look at this - https://amzn.to/2WOG99r
No need for any holes, etc, so could be a good temporary option? (I use these on my cupboards as standard and pretty good I find)
Thanks David. Our problem is that being on the move is lack of a postal address. Heading to a dealer this morning. But if that no good, will look for something similar in a diy store.

No pre reg or cancelled orders on the go steve ,have you thought about Germany?
Trawling the internet at present looking at what’s about.
Was looking to buy new but have visited a local dealer twice to look at a Hymer TCL 554 15 reg, only done 15,000 miles. Very tempted apart from it’s a double bed and this limits the garage size. Have to agree about the build quality on Hymer versus most other makes.
I’m in no rush as won’t be driving for the at least a couple of months once knee op done in a couple of weeks.

Steve it’s worse on enough have had a hymer because you look at other vans which appear to be and are well finished but there’s just that edge on the heemers as I once got a row from a German lady in Oban when I had said I love my hymer ,she was round our old one like a rash and knew her stuff but it is a hard decision I would have to agree

Back