What did you do to your van today?

True but its cr-p,2 pack zink rich epoxy every time,remember i was in the anti corrosive biz.

There's a highly paid vacancy waiting for you Trev. send your application to Mercedes Benz,
Stuttgart, Germany, mark it, FAO The Planned Obsolescence Fuehrer(y)

I got mine back with new electric elements in the Truma 4e combi boiler. Don’t know how Truma could justify £300 for what are basically a couple of large kettle elements but they do a good job so c’est la vie.
Gave it a good wash as it was the first opportunity since we left for the Isle of Man.
All set to load up for the Kelso meet and the Bentleys agm meet in Derbyshire.

We have a tow bar fitted to our van. It was on there when we bought it. The dealer said that even if you don’t use it it is great protection incase of a rear end shunt as most vans are GRP at the back and saves a lot of damage and expensive repairs! So we left ours on.

We had an autumnal day in Edinburgh in it, cooked lamb hot pot for dinner and chilled out.

We have a tow bar fitted to our van. It was on there when we bought it. The dealer said that even if you don’t use it it is great protection incase of a rear end shunt as most vans are GRP at the back and saves a lot of damage and expensive repairs! So we left ours on.

A purpose designed crumple zone might result in less expensive or extensive damage.
This applies particularly to modern cars of course designed as an entity. A coach built
M/Home might well have just a fresh air void enclosed by a GRP moulding, so your tow
bar could be useful, hope you never actually find that out for a fact!

Cleaned up throttle body - see Yellow Light thread - and washed van after our France trip. Ready for an MOT now.
K ;)

Drained my water and Truma boiler tank - we actually had a mild frost this morning in SE Scotland. Climate change appears to have passed us by up here, it's always cold in the summer and freezing in the winter and no doubt always will be. Bob.

I'm having to change the washer reservoir as it sprung a leak on the way back from Scotland.
The first problem is I can't find a replacement.
Therefore after a lot of searching and thinking outside the box, I have a Golf must 5 reservoir.
Now the challenge to get it to fit, part 1 was yesterday drilling the holes for the self tapping bolts today part 2 wait for the rain to stop and then wrestle it into position and get the filler pipe into the final position.
It sounds easy but it's one of those jobs which require at least three hands and to be able to see around corners.
I'll report back later.

The reservoir is now fitted, it was a lot easier on the daylight.
It was still quite a struggle but at least the pump from the old one fitted the new one.

Drilled a 20mm hole in the nearside windscreen scuttle to drain away water which had been collecting there then dripping down onto my throttle body. Put a rubber grommet in the hole and pushed a straight connector through the grommet finally connecting a small pipe to take the water away to the nearside.
I will need to fit a larger dia pipe later but am pleased with the results.
K ;)

Well done you!

Over the last six years I've fallen off my step ladder twice cutting the laurel hedge, and realised there mustn't be a third as falling off hurts. I've just ordered a tripod ladder which hopefully will keep me safer on our sloping ground. I'll also use for cleaning the van's roof.

Back