What did you do to your van today?

A call from the garage in the last few minutes saying the rear brake linings were coming away from the backings. So a good clean up and new pads on both rear axles, phew. Going up to have a walk around under the van on a lift or over the pit to have a look at the work required to remedy the cab corrosion when they give me a bell.

Cheers

H

Pick up van this morning from garage and set it up for a long lay up in the yard.

Not best pleased.

Cheers

H

Well, that’s the van back in the yard all sorted and a full diesel tank. Looks like a jumble sale inside with all the cushions pulled out.

417C210F-AC06-433A-A45A-B549152CF3FD.jpeg

Spring isn’t far off according to this primrose in the yard.

DC7B88A8-DB95-4647-BE85-6A730866E6D6.jpeg
Cheers

H

I got the lads down the garage to do an oil change when they put the new gearbox in it has a K and N air filter so no need to change that
You still have to give it a clean and then an oil ( specific to manufacturer spec) to work properly.

Roller Team T-590 Storage.
The 590 is a 5.9 mtr coach built motorhome, it comes fairly well equipped but lacks enough storage space for us two and the dog. So while trying to venture under the fridge, more to follow on this, I found the the locker/garage affectionately refered to as the hanger was my only way of spotting the un-reachable pocket screws.

The hanger is partially occupied by a wheel arch, not that you can see it until removing the shelf top. This revealed an opening allowing access to the under fridge area and a an amount of floor.
wheel_arch.jpg

Here you can see the shortened and lowered shelf.

lowered_shortened.jpg

And here is the gained floor space

space_shelf.jpg

For me it is a worthwhile gain in space.

The area under the shelf/around the wheel arch is now packed with rockwall insulation, hopefully the will lower any road noise and reduce heat loss.

The under fridge work will be posted here when I've finished.

Roller Team T-590 Storage.
The 590 is a 5.9 mtr coach built motorhome, it comes fairly well equipped but lacks enough storage space for us two and the dog. So while trying to venture under the fridge, more to follow on this, I found the the locker/garage affectionately refered to as the hanger was my only way of spotting the un-reachable pocket screws.

The hanger is partially occupied by a wheel arch, not that you can see it until removing the shelf top. This revealed an opening allowing access to the under fridge area and a an amount of floor.
View attachment 57491

Here you can see the shortened and lowered shelf.

View attachment 57492

And here is the gained floor space

View attachment 57493

For me it is a worthwhile gain in space.

The area under the shelf/around the wheel arch is now packed with rockwall insulation, hopefully the will lower any road noise and reduce heat loss.

The under fridge work will be posted here when I've finished.
Can I ask what year your T590 is please, I have a 2018 and hoping it’s a similar build to yours. Very interested in understanding what the space below the fridge reveals.

Hi Roger, are you back in sunny England?
Certainly am Shonky!
We came home on the 29th October, not really sure why we came home, maybe it was for this fabulous weather!
The weather in Portugal took a turn for the worse when the rains finally started, but I gather from Trandy, who are still over there, that it’s now tee-shirt weather again. Just our luck!

Our van (Autotrail Miami 740S) has a kitchen sink covered by a sliding worktop.
With the worktop in the closed position, it’s impossible to fit the kettle under the tap. For years, we have been sliding the worktop to one side every time we fancied a cuppa.
After living exclusively in the van for two months, I decided that enough was enough.
The old tap is now for sale on fleabay and has replaced by a swan neck mixer, which means that if anything is being prepared on the worktop, or plates are drying after washing up, nothing has to be disturbed in order to fill the kettle up.
Roll on the next trip!

Back