What did you do to your van today?

Striped the interior out of my van, cupboards. Storage box’s even the floor. After I found mouse droppings on my front seats. Found its nest next to a rear arch. Blocked up every hole I could find. Then ordered some peppermint oil as this is supposed to keep them away..

I had a rat living in the chassis of my old van and it eat through the main wiring loom and the rear of my fridge.

I once tried putting broken glass in their holes but the wriggly little bu99ers wouldn't still still long enough.

K (getmecoat)

Yes I've got one of them coming to Gordon mate
I got one from Ebay. It was at least 3mm small. Paid a small fortune for genuine. Fitting it was easier than I expected. Got Reg to do it. ;) Thank's again Reg.
It wasn't easy having to hold the torch while he struggled.

Just gave the engine a bit of a run for half an hour. Batteries were ok at 12.8v on a cold and dull afternoon before starting up. If it wasn't for the pending storm Barra I'd have brought it down home to give it a run.

Cheers

H

Just gave the engine a bit of a run for half an hour. Batteries were ok at 12.8v on a cold and dull afternoon before starting up. If it wasn't for the pending storm Barra I'd have brought it down home to give it a run.

Cheers

H
Bad thing running an engine of load, & starting it will take about a 40 mile run to get back what the starter has used.

We have a curtain screen between the cab and the rest of the van so we don't have to heat the cab area up. I have decided to sew an emergency thermal blanket on one side to reflect the heat back into the van. Not sure if it will work but we'll give it a try. This is what it looks like. As you can see I've put some tape on as well.IMG_20211210_152023.jpg

We have a curtain screen between the cab and the rest of the van so we don't have to heat the cab area up. I have decided to sew an emergency thermal blanket on one side to reflect the heat back into the van. Not sure if it will work but we'll give it a try. This is what it looks like. As you can see I've put some tape on as well.
That looks like a handy idea. Post back the results. (I have a fleece that drops down to separate the cab, mostly for privacy, but been thinking of replacing with or adding something heavier).

We have a curtain screen between the cab and the rest of the van so we don't have to heat the cab area up. I have decided to sew an emergency thermal blanket on one side to reflect the heat back into the van. Not sure if it will work but we'll give it a try. This is what it looks like. As you can see I've put some tape on as well.View attachment 61680
Has to be worth a try.

Should work Geoff, emergency blankets are usually gold on one side and silver on the other so if you need to use one in an emergency situation then gold goes to the cold so that silver side reflects body heat back.

Back