What did you do to your van today?

took mine for the damp check and all ok for another year and then thought i would wash it but it soon passed

new exust arrived today removed the old back box then it started to chuck it down so abandon till tomorrow
bill

Cleaned a few stains on the inside of the fridge and checked my food supplies. I wouldn’t dare mention how many tins of soup, beans, peas etc I have onboard. I don’t need to stockpile food like some fools are doing due to them panicking about Brexit, I have enough in the van to last a month at least lol.

Finally got the chance to fit the new ( used) document holder with flip out lid to the dash. Was a simple fit once I removed my old lash-up. Half an hour for an easy job as they say...
I don't know why IH and perhaps other converters don't fit these as standard anyway?

K ;)

Cut a hole in the floor for the exhaust pipe from the diesel heater I'm installing.

Sorted the side remis blinds in the cab. They would not stay closed and kept sliding back an inch or so. Closer inspection revealed the magnetic strip was not stuck to the blind and was instead held on the window frame itself. Applied some double sided tape to the strip and stuck it back on the blind. Sorted. The blind now closes and stays in place.

Simples...

K ;)

Had a dry run fitting a brand new Wind Blocker awning. Better to do it a home where no one can see me doing it wrong, than out for the world to see.

Polished it, I started about 5 days ago when I did the front and back, I tried to do the sides but it was too hot the polish dried on to quickly, so today it was a bit cooler and I managed the sides stopping for lunch and tea, we are on a car park near the beach in Portugal so there was no rush.

1552069891231.png

Today I got to grips with the leisure batteries and fitted a Nasa BM2 battery monitor alongside my MPPT controller and B2B. I fitted a BM2 as I’ve got 4 leisure batteries as it can handle a 200amp shunt.

I wasn’t certain what AH rating to input first of all as my Banners are rated as 100/110 dependant on how you read the tops.

To be on the safe side I called them 100 each and left it to have a think about things for a while.

Coming back to the monitor it said fully charged and 104%, so I changed it to be 110 each and last I saw of it before I tidied up and went in for tea it was reading 94%.

Once I give it a run, or we get a bit of sun instead of incessant rain, I’ll be better aware of how the batteries are faring.

It’ll be nice to “know” and not have to hope things are OK.

Also, I’ve applied to replate from 3500 up to 4100 to give me some extra payload to play with.

Today I got to grips with the leisure batteries and fitted a Nasa BM2 battery monitor alongside my MPPT controller and B2B. I fitted a BM2 as I’ve got 4 leisure batteries as it can handle a 200amp shunt.

I wasn’t certain what AH rating to input first of all as my Banners are rated as 100/110 dependant on how you read the tops.

To be on the safe side I called them 100 each and left it to have a think about things for a while.

Coming back to the monitor it said fully charged and 104%, so I changed it to be 110 each and last I saw of it before I tidied up and went in for tea it was reading 94%.

Once I give it a run, or we get a bit of sun instead of incessant rain, I’ll be better aware of how the batteries are faring.

It’ll be nice to “know” and not have to hope things are OK.

Also, I’ve applied to replate from 3500 up to 4100 to give me some extra payload to play with.

I’ve just returned home from golf and had a look at the monitor. It now reads 98% charged, 8 hours to fully. It isn’t sunny here, very grey and cold. A bit of maths suggests that even if the batteries had been affected by misuse over the past 2.5 years then 98% of 440ah means they’re still operating at 107ah each.

Unless I’m reading it all wrong ?

I have filled up my water tank ,checked levels had it running for a while had the heater on to warm up interior.
Checked out items ,put in a new tin opener ,
Just got all set up so when I’m finished next Friday when I get home have a shower and blast off for a few days ??

Made this board for holding phones etc while they are being charged. It's held there without having to make holes in the furniture. The fabric was a bit that we already had and the backboard that it's mounted on was from my store of offcuts.
1552223792840.png

Returned from a few days at The Camping and Caravan site at Barnard Castle. Great little site, 30 mins walk through the woods into town. That's Holland in Jan, Northumberland in Feb and Durham in March. Now time to review the camera in the car. Had a car two yards from my bumper at 60mph. Decisions decisions...….

Back