What did you do to your van today?

Got an MoT. Why is it that so many people, myself included, get nervous about them despite knowing that there is unlikely to be anything serious wrong AND you have plenty of time to fix anything minor.

Cleaned wheels , polished whole van yday, still forgot stainless exhaust tail pipe!! Tomorrow s job!!!!

Well today, in a rush of feeling great, we fitted back the stuff that had been removed for the winter (soft furnishings etc.), new to us sheepskin seat covers at the front, and, after seeing the screencam footage of a eejit trying to nick a bike off the back of a moho, I stuck a dashcam on the rear window ( it is only a £15 one that's been in a draw for ages----but works) Sue has worked wonders cleaning up and we are ready to go, it just needs me to stop feeling sorry for myself and pull my socks up, and of course the vet to set me free----------------and the worlds our lobster

Where are you heading buddy, any plans yet?
Hopefully starting with the meet at Reepham in April, although our son has paid for us to do the posh thing and stay in a hotel for a couple of nights for the Yorkshire motorhome show, so this will probably our first foray, stuff permitting.

Made some fridge vent covers ( to replace the ones I forgot to remove from our previous van when I sold it). Cut from Corex plastic sheet to fit neatly. Covers sprayed Matt black. Vents were removed so I could fix the covers using twisted garden wire. A cut out on the side allowed the sliding fixture to be accessed without bending the new covers. Covers can be quickly removed and refitted if required.
Looks tidy and cost nothing and will do until I see some vent covers for sale at sensible prices.

K ;)

Fitted a new remote control DAB radio CD Bluetooth USB and SD card player.. and it works :) Just hope radio reception it just as good as it is stood still, when driving up the road. :/

Derek has fitted a spare wheel to the back door & I've made a cover for it. The cover has veery colourful cartoon cows on it & Derek has painted another four on the other half of the door. Rather quirky but fun. Been packing the van up for a four day stay at Wetley Rocks, Stoke-on-Trent to be with family for my 80th birthday on Friday. One daughter lives in the area, other daughter just arrived from Cyprus & son expected from Aberdeen. Very excited as it's the first time we've been together for two years. :love:

Derek has fitted a spare wheel to the back door & I've made a cover for it. The cover has veery colourful cartoon cows on it & Derek has painted another four on the other half of the door. Rather quirky but fun. Been packing the van up for a four day stay at Wetley Rocks, Stoke-on-Trent to be with family for my 80th birthday on Friday. One daughter lives in the area, other daughter just arrived from Cyprus & son expected from Aberdeen. Very excited as it's the first time we've been together for two years. :love:

Got any pics of the cover? (y)

Over the course of this week, I have permanantly repaired the leaking waste pipe that embarrassingly sprung a leak at Hereford NY.
Fitted a cold water filter, to save us faffing about with a Brita jug, and this afternoon, I got the van as level as possible and sprayed the roof with WetnForget. Rain is forecast for the weekend, so should be able to see some results by next week. Fingers crossed!

Filled up the water (well 3/4 filled). Put clothes in. Put electrical stuff in as going to a full facility site for £12 a night. Put fridge on so that its all nice and cool for the food in the morning.

I ordered the document flappy clip thing for the centre of the dashboard. I modified mine to hold a map when I'm driving to give me the big picture ( yes I use a satnav too) but it didn't have the folding gubbins thing that the bought one has so was a bit of a bodge to be honest, so for £25 I thought...

Should be easy to fit once I have removed mine again...

K ;)

I ordered the document flappy clip thing for the centre of the dashboard. I modified mine to hold a map when I'm driving to give me the big picture ( yes I use a satnav too) but it didn't have the folding gubbins thing that the bought one has so was a bit of a bodge to be honest, so for £25 I thought...

Should be easy to fit once I have removed mine again...

K ;)

I’ve got a spare one I removed, you could have had for a beer voucher i.e. a bit for postage. I’ve now fitted the iPad holder to give me a huge satnag. Pics of what I’ve now fitted.

FBF29A88-A2AB-4E8B-97DA-A3D7846F98DE.jpeg6EC0AFDA-45F2-435C-B481-DEA759E0FC15.jpeg

Back