What did you do to your van today?

Rewired the stupid Carthago lights so we can have 2 over the table, instead of the minimum 26 1W downlighters. I think they make these things for people who always use mains hookups. You don't try the lights when it's parked outside at the dealers, do you? (We shall next time).

Cleaned out the filters on the gas change over, the gas appliances are working a lot better.

I've started the ball rolling to uprate from 3500 to 4100. It’s an easy, paper only exercise, and I hope to receive my new weight plate in a few days. The RFL rate reduction from 265 to 165 will pay for the plate in 2 years.

Removed the arm rests from the front seats of my 2002 VW T4 camper. Bought the van new and opted for arm rests as a no cost extra. I'd never had a vehicle with arm rests before and thought it would be a good idea for relaxing when parked up or for relaxing long distance driving. They have been used occasionally but not nearly as much as expected. I also found they had their problems. They restrict the space between driver and passenger front seat when trying to squeeze between from the rear of van, they can foul the seatbelts when trying to pull the belts down to use and the drivers offside one makes it awkward to rotate the drivers seat on its swivel base as unless the rest is adjusted downwards it fouls the steering wheel. I've lived with this for the 17 years of ownership, will now see how I get on without them!

Switched the fridge on so I can start to fill it after lunch when I’ve been to do a big shop. Then have to decide where to head to on Sunday for a few days.

Putting stuff back in after the mot then getting her ready for s trip out spring equinox next week do I’ll be heading south for s few days.

Removed the arm rests from the front seats of my 2002 VW T4 camper. Bought the van new and opted for arm rests as a no cost extra. I'd never had a vehicle with arm rests before and thought it would be a good idea for relaxing when parked up or for relaxing long distance driving. They have been used occasionally but not nearly as much as expected. I also found they had their problems. They restrict the space between driver and passenger front seat when trying to squeeze between from the rear of van, they can foul the seatbelts when trying to pull the belts down to use and the drivers offside one makes it awkward to rotate the drivers seat on its swivel base as unless the rest is adjusted downwards it fouls the steering wheel. I've lived with this for the 17 years of ownership, will now see how I get on without them!
That was one of the first things I done when I got the van .To tight to get through when I had them recover the guy filled the sides in with sponge well pleased the way they turn out.7515C09B-D351-4569-94DC-62D1F51CB2C5.jpeg

That was one of the first things I done when I got the van .To tight to get through when I had them recover the guy filled the sides in with sponge well pleased the way they turn out.View attachment 43602
I didn’t know you could take them off I struggle with my grande derrière through the gap between the seats ok so that’s another to do job.

Back