What is your favourite place to camp in the UK?

dalspa;n13738 said:
Lyndon Top, Rutland Water. We have been going there for about 10 years now. Can’t beat a thrash around RW on bike - occaisionally do two laps.
David.

If you went slower you would not miss things on the first lap, so second not needed:Smiling_Face_with_T

Wully;n1089 said:
I’m lucky I stay in the most beautiful place in the world west coast Scotland and it’s even better when you own a mh but if I had to pick it would have to be the Isle of Barra parked next to beach wae my fishing rod trying to catch dinner watching planes land and take off on beach absolutely heaven.

I used to holiday on barra as a child... so many wonderful summer memories.. used to come back home speaking Gaelic lol.. beautiful place

The front of check-in lane 17 at one of the continental ferry ports. :Smiling_Face_Emoji:

barryd;n555 said:
Defo not campsites but for me the UK really has five places I am interested in. Flamborough Head and that bit of the Yorkshire coast where there is a smashing CL where we often stay for several weeks, The Isle of Arran (Wilding), The Lake District (CL's, one site and Wilding) as its on the doorstep and was a second home for decades for me, Devon and Cornwall (CLs). I can take or leave everywhere else to be honest. Last year we didnt go abroad for the first time in years and spent six weeks on Arran (and a day on Kintyre) and seven weeks at Flamborough. I really enjoyed it. Mrs D did a lot of walking and I did a fair bit of Kayaking and guitar stuff in the van. I missed the continental weather though.

6weeks Arran sounds good.
We hope to visit in June as part of our1 month isles tour.
As welll as Skye Islay Jura mull and mainland of surrounding area.
steam train ride to keep son in law happy.
In 3,weeks time. ?? ☀️We hope(some)

We really enjoyed Northumbria last year but we also like Norfolk a lot. We don't use sites now if we can avoid them, so many are way overpriced and too many kids running about with no parental control evident.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back